New here! B60T project

Hey friends,

Thank you for indulging me here!  I think I came across an interior paint solution.  I am going to wait to reveal after I test it next week.  So...stay tuned! 

My question today is about the headliner.  My truck doesn't have one!  Nothing - just the exposed roof.  I hunted around this forum and Watts and discovered that headliner kits are available, but they are beyond what I'm willing to spend (more than I bought the entire truck for with shipping factored in).  I'm wondering about creative solutions.  As always, I welcome your experience and insight! 

Pictures coming tonight.  We made incredible progress this weekend!  Fuel tank is getting installed today.  I brought home the interior seats for reupholstering (not there yet), but did put the driver's seat in yesterday so I could sit on something other than a milk crate 😆.  Thanks to my husband and his tireless efforts, I was able to sit, turn on the main power, turn on the fuel pump, pull out the choke, and start my truck!  All systems are a go!  Brake canisters are on their way this week, so we're getting really close to a test drive. (I'm exercising patience as my husband is also working on a Freightliner right now, so we're trading time between the two).

I'll check back in tonight.  Thanks for making this project even more fun by following along and participating!

Cheers,

SJ

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Geeeeeeeeeeesus......: already paint and upholstery????like wow man,,,,, now your just embarrassing the rest of us... ahahahahaha .....bobimage.png.0ead285596a1d05943d67026ab8888c5.png

Ha!  Well, I don't know any other way. 😆

I hope no one will be embarrassed, but perhaps inspired! 

11 hours ago, mowerman said:

Geeeeeeeeeeesus......: already paint and upholstery????like wow man,,,,, now your just embarrassing the rest of us... ahahahahaha .....bobimage.png.0ead285596a1d05943d67026ab8888c5.png

Ha!  Well, I don't know any other way. 😆

I hope no one will be embarrassed, but perhaps inspired! 

• Like 2

Yes the wheels of success turned mighty slow sometimes between honeydews and barbecues and vacations and work I am going along with wife’s marathons and basically getting through life in general  Mack usually takes back burner And yes if you’ve got kids never mind no time left at all ha ha.... bob

8 hours ago, Swishy said:

Hi Skippy

when all is said n done & u're enjoying the mack

it would be good to keep this thread alive and also the gr8 picture album for all to see

for us all to get  some motivation for our own projects

Thanx in Advance

cya

I will be happy to!

Looks darn near perfect and personally I like the Hammer-tone finish better the a shiny finish. Hammer-tone is factory in my 41 chevy 3/4 ton P'up 

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

SkippyMack,

Great color choice! The hammered effect is excellent and it will compliment the entire finished project. I look forward to your finished project. Your shop assistants and you are doing some excellent work on bringing the old girl back to life. I'm envious and happy for you.:clock_logo:

• Like 1

I agree on the hammer tone green. Looks great. As far as the headliner you should be able to make one from backer board like used for kick panels. It is a good idea also to use some sort of sound deadner before the headliner goes in. Love all the pictures.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, terry said:

Alot of newbies to the B model door disassembly make the same mistake, once you figure it out it is very simple.    terry:MackLogo:

Dont want to hijack the thread but can someone link me to the simple way to disassemble a B inner door? I need to change my d/s latch and fought to get everything apart the 1st time.

37 minutes ago, Frank Y said:

Dont want to hijack the thread but can someone link me to the simple way to disassemble a B inner door? I need to change my d/s latch and fought to get everything apart the 1st time.

Frank, I found this after-the-fact last night!  Good info that should help you out.

• Thanks 1