Virgina issue on to higher court

41chevy

Glad to hear you’re finally coming to a conclusion on this! And remember that karma is a two way street, you’ll get what’s coming to you too, and hopefully it’s on a grand scale considering all you’ve done to try to help people out.

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

2 hours ago, glitchwrks said:

This is happening over in Fork Union?!

yes all because of 2 "ladies" on the board who looked  and treated a me like a lower class bum because I came to the meeting in work clothes direct from a job site.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It is really sad that some people are so superficial that they will judge you based on the clothes you wear.

Early on I learned that a lot of the people with real money do not dress flashy.

In my line of work I am often called to be an expert witness. One day a lawyer called me to schedule a meeting that day, I told him I was in the field but could meet at the end of the day. We arrived at his office and the receptionist was not happy to see two sweaty guys in work clothes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

It is really sad that some people are so superficial that they will judge you based on the clothes you wear.

Early on I learned that a lot of the people with real money do not dress flashy.

In my line of work I am often called to be an expert witness. One day a lawyer called me to schedule a meeting that day, I told him I was in the field but could meet at the end of the day. We arrived at his office and the receptionist was not happy to see two sweaty guys in work clothes.

I learned at a young age never judge a person by how they dress or what they drive. Fun sometimes though. Ordered a new Rousch Focus in 07, salesman asked how much of a deposit were we leaving for the order. I said 8 and handed him Mcdonalds bag with 8000.00 cash. After he could talk he gave us a receipt so he could walk to the owners office across the aisle. My wife and I were on the way home from cleaning out my parent 50 year collection in their cellar. Sweaty,dusty and frayed around the edges when we bought it.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 9/20/2019 at 12:53 PM, 41chevy said:

yes all because of 2 "ladies" on the board who looked  and treated a me like a lower class bum because I came to the meeting in work clothes direct from a job site.

I'd say that's surprising what with the military school there and all the veterans they employ...but I don't remember any of the professors being much involved in town politics. It's a small enough place, you'd think maybe they couldn't afford to judge working folks on how they dress, being as that's who lives there...or has enough of Charlottesville sprawled in that direction now?

Same here w.r.t. not judging people by how they look. Often the most successful trucking and timber operations back home were those where the boss also drove a truck or helped at the mill, and got just as dirty as everyone else. I've found it to be the same in industry up north, too -- the companies that survive economic downturns are those with presidents/CEOs/whatever who are out on the line tinkering on machines, seeing how things are running, etc., not the ones who collect a salary and bail as soon as there's trouble.

On 9/23/2019 at 10:14 AM, glitchwrks said:

I'd say that's surprising what with the military school there and all the veterans they employ...but I don't remember any of the professors being much involved in town politics. It's a small enough place, you'd think maybe they couldn't afford to judge working folks on how they dress, being as that's who lives there...or has enough of Charlottesville sprawled in that direction now?

Same here w.r.t. not judging people by how they look. Often the most successful trucking and timber operations back home were those where the boss also drove a truck or helped at the mill, and got just as dirty as everyone else. I've found it to be the same in industry up north, too -- the companies that survive economic downturns are those with presidents/CEOs/whatever who are out on the line tinkering on machines, seeing how things are running, etc., not the ones who collect a salary and bail as soon as there's trouble.

Fork Union Military Academy is still a mostly normal school, but in the 30+ years we've been there  the village has been getting more gentrified with the people moving into "the country from Richmond and Charlottesville" Most have big monthly notes to pay for most everything they have. There are 2 woman and one man who have issues. The pair of woman have the upper class down the nose stare and the male board member is apparently a reality agent in the I 95 /295 corridor zone. The woman whom I call Ms Shitzdontstink wants up scale urbane' people moving in to "her" town. When my issue came up they demanded it be open to all groups. When my daughter inlaw asked the same question the following meeting, she was told she could pick and choose who occupied the houses there are no requirements other than the fair housing laws.

If they lose the final appeal I'm going to give them a one time offer where they will pay no judgements or fines and no town bankruptcy for a mere minimal financial outlay over a 12 year period and than the State and Federal charges will be shelved if and only if the meet my single term and abide it to the letter for the time period. Plus they end up looking like hero's. Other wise the poop hits the fan    Already had the mayor and the town attorney approach me last Friday. They realized I own as of Friday 1785 acres of the town.

Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

With 1785 acres you should put a mobile home park closest to the snobs and let the disadvantaged stay there free.

Or better yet build a park there with campsites for the homeless!

My vote is no mercy for the town, just follow the judges orders. Then just say "it's what the judge ordered"

• Like 1