White diesel in Montana

raybing

With a rather rare Orrville sleeper cab.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

if i remember correctly the 150 and 170 HP engines were "H" models

we had a 190 HP in the old 60's dodge grain truck when i was on the farm.

my friend still has it, but only uses it on site and does not take it out on the road anymore. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

That is a great looking truck and it seems like it has survived well.  That flattened grille was part of what White called the "Bridge Formula" style front end.  It debuted around 1951 I think. Period advertisements say that this front end allows for the distance from the front of the bumper to the center of the forward axle to be reduced to 28 inches.

I know of only 4 or 5 other trucks that have made it to recent times that had the headlights mounted on those plates. For trucks with the flattened grille, I think White started mounting the headlights on the fenders around 1953.  So I'm guessing that this truck is from '51 or '52, but I could be wrong.

I can't make out the name on the door, but I do think I see a cat inside peering out a window :).

Whatever size that Cummins is, it has a two-valve head because the intake and exhaust manifolds are on the same side. If it is 743 CID, it would be an HR rather than an H.

Was this truck for sale?  Thanks for posting!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Didn't they make a 150 Cummins?  170, 190?  Before they turbo charged them.  NHBxxx?     The supercharged version was NHRSxxx?

Cummins has an engine for every application!

The H series was before the N I believe.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Well as small of a town as that White is located in you could call any business in that town and I’d be willing to bet someone would help out with the name of the owner or business that it sits at. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

• 1 year later...

In 1971 I was 14 years old we owned a white exactly like this it was a 1957 with a 350 commins engine and an 9 speed eaton road ranger transmission. My older brother would drive it to I-4 in Sanford FL close to where we lived pull over and I would drive it to Tampa FL I loved that truck wish I could find 1 to buy.