Finally did it

HeavyGunner

2 hours ago, tjc transport said:

good luck and congratulations!. :twothumbsup:

it sounds big now, but once you get everything in it it will be way too small.   :pat:

As my dear old Dad always says " you can never have to many sheds "

Well done and Im sure you will enjoy it and fill it up plenty quick enough

Paul

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Horse said:

Great news.  Take your time in setting it up.  My barn is 19 years old-still planning😎

Gee, I'm glad to know it's not only me! My barn on L.I. was 60 x 45  and was pretty full and not too organized. Moved everything to Virginia and organized alot as it was loaded in containers. Now my shop is 100 x 100 and not only dis organized but too small. I've got 5 full containers I brought down from Maine. I'm close to selling every truck, all the parts and tools.

• Haha 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It is a necessity if you’re going to to any vehicle repairs yourself and having a place to tinker can help our long winters pass by as well. This past February we had a nasty cold snap and I needed to changed my plugs, cap and rotor, points and condenser outside while it was -9. It was doable but touching metal that is that cold is real hard on fingers. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I can't post the photo for some reason but my shop in Va is made up from 14 forty foot hi cube containers with ladder steel trusses. The containers are set up as separate parts and work areas and make all storage and work areas fire proof.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

48 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

I can't post the photo for some reason but my shop in Va is made up from 14 forty foot hi cube containers with ladder steel trusses. The containers are set up as separate parts and work areas and make all storage and work areas fire proof.

That I want to see a picture of.

• Like 1

Probably looks something like this. This outfit was building mega loads to go up to the tar sands in Montana. Built the shop out of containers after the steel building got blown down twice midway through construction. 

4D488FE2-9A0E-4AB2-BA8C-F73846CC320A.jpeg.17158f23d37dd588d955308543895eb3.jpeg

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

1 hour ago, glitchwrks said:

I keep trying to get my parents to build an equipment shed/shop out of containers for the farm. I guess as long as I'm the one working under the machinery in snow and mud, it won't get done :)

Lol I think that falls under the category of "if you want it, you build it."

3 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

Probably looks something like this. This outfit was building mega loads to go up to the tar sands in Montana. Built the shop out of containers after the steel building got blown down twice midway through construction. 

4D488FE2-9A0E-4AB2-BA8C-F73846CC320A.jpeg.17158f23d37dd588d955308543895eb3.jpeg

double roof over the containers, that one above it easy 5 or 6 stories.  Can't seem to be able to post any photos on BMT today.

Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE

Red Horse,brought that truck back home from out around Heavy Gunner area in Montana.The other ones are my 79 r model,64 b87,that both were brought new by my dad.The caterpillar is a cat 10 that is one of my 6 that I have.I will get some pic of the other ones this weekend and post.