Santa stopped early in a Penski Truck.

41chevy

So Paul-what is definition of "Nostalgia BB/Gas?  No clue about the NHRA today. Back in 68 my 428 CJ Torino (Notch back-rare car would like to have it today) ran D/PS.  what would a comparable class be today?  The 428CJ was rated at 335 HP but I believe NHRA factored it to 365.

In any case sounds like you are building a beast for sure!

Paul, I know you probably already know this but from my understanding a lot of the old Lunati guys (before bought by comp cam) went to Bullet cams. I know mr. Joe & Joey personally. My understanding the bullet cam is a true steel stick where the new Lunati cams & comp cams are not 

actually I think Lunati was bought by Holley 

Edited by 1965

9 hours ago, keg1 said:

Santa wasn't as nice to me. Found a 360 to replace the 440 that came apart. Just trying to get the little bugs work out of this one and then this. Had a 318 in another truck I bought for parts sticking it in today. 

Looks like a case of positive crankcase ventilation. (sorry, just couldn't resist)

looks bad ass, if you were located closer to me id gladly swing by to give you a hand in exchange for a ride in that beast of a car!

I’ll be right there and with you ....I expect that’s going in the 55...bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, mowerman said:

I’ll be right there and with you ....I expect that’s going in the 55...bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep! The blown small block I put in in September  lasted only 5 runs, but than again it was build in the 90's and laid in a container for 20+ years before I used it.

I'm thinking that this engine is already doesn't have enough cubic inches.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 12/23/2018 at 1:31 AM, carlotpilot said:

you could`nt recruit him to assemble it to ?

Came assembled but I do not trust anybody on my race engines but me.  Seen to much "close enough" things or just stupid or unintentional mistakes. Example was my 261 GMC 6 for my 41 Chevy. Had Jack Merkel Racing do the over bore, deck the block, line bore and balance . I picked it up as an assembled short block. I popped the pan off to put a cast aluminum one and and saw they added  balance weights on the con rods that were welded over the oil feed holes. Engine would have lasted a few minutes at best. They didn't know the rods had dippers and pressurized oiling. Don't ever assume the work is 100% even if I am standing there.

Plus I always Rust O Lium the lifter valley to add oil return and seal the casting.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

9 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

on your eng . from the 90s you`re as bad as i am i`ve got a big cam cummins that i built in about 93-4 everything new inside recon heads and all that i have not started . keep it oiled and turned over but no smoke yet:D

I've got quite a few new engines and probably a dozen built and ready to go some back as far as 1973. But in my defense they are all port sealed and filled with Rust Veto. but they sit so  I'm probably worse :)  

The one from the 90's would have lasted except for five 6500 7000 rpm launches at full boost.

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 12/25/2018 at 9:18 PM, 41chevy said:

I'm thinking that this engine is already doesn't have enough cubic inches. 

You could build one with 3x the CID and have the same though if you could've built it with 4x the CID...

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

1 hour ago, RowdyRebel said:

You could build one with 3x the CID and have the same though if you could've built it with 4x the CID...

Ain't that the truth!  Just have to remember one's needs and not over run them

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grandson finished polishing my blower case and top manifold. Took them in to Cat where he works and sonic cleaned all the compound out. Nice job I think. Now I do bearings, Teflon impeller wipes and top cog. Still waiting on my heads to be finished being extrusion ported.   Paul

2v2EeauPCxAhT9W.jpgHosted on Fotki

2v2EeaukLxAhT9W.jpgHosted on Fotki

2v2EeaunSxAhT9W.jpgHosted on Fotki

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 1/3/2019 at 10:28 PM, 41chevy said:

Received my rule bending  pair of Holly's today. Nostalgia class says that you can only run a pair of any CFM Two Barrel carbs. So this one of the pair I bought on Racing Junk.com, one new one used for $500.   1100 CFM Holly Two Barrel dual feed carbs. Have to do a bit of machine work on the air horns, venturies and the throttle shafts to kick up the flow. Need to do some sizing on the jet plates and open the power valve port .003 to .004 Heads are due tomorrow or saturday and my  grandson is polishing my 6/71 case and carb adapter. Still searching for a nice clean set of M/T cast Aluminum Valve covers and a 3" x 8.250 dia. lower blower pulley with a  thin V belt adapter for my water pump drive. Rules require mechanical water pump not electric. Being a widower I can stay in the shop all hours now.  ;)

150hiflowa-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

1050hiflowb-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Are you still looking for M/T valve covers?