Selling products that don't exist.

Truck Shop

All most two months ago now, I ordered a 30,000 lb Warn XL-LP winch through Summit. I paid for it. The part was coming from the manufacture drop shipped with a date of 5-21 then it was changed to 5-22.

So when I saw there was no e-mail that it had been shipped I called Summit. Summit called Warn while I was on hold, they came back and told me Warn was shipping it on 5-23. I'm only 250 miles from 

Warn manufacturing in the Portland, Or area-nothing showed up today.

I called Summit they called Warn again and were told they were waiting on a main drive shaft for that winch which they would receive on 6-1. They lied plus they didn't even parts on hand to build it to 

begin with. Which also means if it breaks they have no parts to repair it. That is Bogus business practice at best. Summit was going to have Warn call me right away-never happened. Someone should have

called to let me know of the situation-Summit or Warn

Summit is refunding my credit card company then they will send me a check for 5,000. But if Summit had any balls from the top floor they would halt business with Warn. Warn lied to Summit and 

Warn lied to me on a product I had paid for in full.  Now I start over after two months.

Truck Shop 

• Like 2

One ping only

That really sucks. I always thought Warn was a top notch company. They should’ve been up front with you. What’s the 30,000lb winch going on?

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

1 hour ago, HeavyGunner said:

That really sucks. I always thought Warn was a top notch company. They should’ve been up front with you. What’s the 30,000lb winch going on?

Warn Industries was sold in 2000 to Endeavor Capital & Northwest Equity in lieu of going  Chapter 11. In 2003, the Dover Corporation bought Warn Industries for $325 million  Dover is four divisions  Energy, Engineered Elevator Systems, Fluids, and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Warn is Dover's financial loss division, not meant to run in the black.

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thank you 41, I was thinking there had to be a major problem somewhere. A company doesn't go from A- rated to crap overnight. It takes years of bad management.

Truck Shop 

One ping only

19 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

Warn Industries was sold in 2000 to Endeavor Capital & Northwest Equity in lieu of going  Chapter 11. In 2003, the Dover Corporation bought Warn Industries for $325 million  Dover is four divisions  Energy, Engineered Elevator Systems, Fluids, and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Warn is Dover's financial loss division, not meant to run in the black.

That really is sad that they're run like that now.  I was really surprised to hear truckshop's experience with warn. Petersens 4WOR magazine just did an in depth article about warn at the plant in Oregon. I was floored that they still make and carry parts for their old winches and they rebuilt a 8274 (pretty sure that was the model) in the article. I was thinking hey they might be worth the price if they are as well built and can be rebuilt as the article showed. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

17 minutes ago, HeavyGunner said:

That really is sad that they're run like that now.  I was really surprised to hear truckshop's experience with warn. Petersens 4WOR magazine just did an in depth article about warn at the plant in Oregon. I was floored that they still make and carry parts for their old winches and they rebuilt a 8274 (pretty sure that was the model) in the article. I was thinking hey they might be worth the price if they are as well built and can be rebuilt as the article showed. 

They are well build but the company is jut run badly.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 5/25/2018 at 11:23 PM, 41chevy said:

This is a Dayton  30,000 plus on my M920 150 ft of 3/4 cable. Two stage planetary gear box.  Entire package ran me $9000 at my door . It replaced the Garwood it came with only because of Daytons bigger spool.

What are you going to pull with that winch?

Summit is not the company they used to be either! My late son in law bought a summit branded four barrel manifold for a small block Chevy.Made in China stamped on the bottom! I've been told all Summit branded parts are made in China! 

i had a simular thing happen on a e-bay purchase recently. purchased a msd streetfire ignition system. after a few weeks still no tracking number sent. then i get a call saying it was back ordered from the manufacture and they would send me a tracking number as soon as it ships. ok whatever not in a big hurry i was super busy by that time anyway. a couple weeks later i finally see a tracking number for it pop up in my e-mail great. never actually looked at it but just saw they had sent it. Then a couple weeks later i asked the other half if a box had shown up for me yet, she said no, so i check the tracking number apparently they sent it adult signature required. attempted to deliver 3 times without leaving a notice and then was holding the package at the hub with 2 days left before they returned to sender. 

had to send her over to ups on her lunch break to go pick it up. i was very tempted to just let them send it back at that point and then try to get my money back. 

21 hours ago, h67st said:

What are you going to pull with that winch?

Doing break water, sea wall construction we occasionally need to pull a barge and crane up on shore to position it. Originally used my DM with an 80,000 lb Garwood winch from a M88 tank recovery unit but the 30,000 with a snatch block works just a well and it 500 lbs lighter.  Paul

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

I just bought a DeWalt grinder off eBay.  Sold by Summit racing.  It was wayyy cheaper then any place.  Yes it took near a month to get it but saved like $50 over anyone else and free shipping.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 2 weeks later...

So what brand did you end up with ? and does it free spool to get the cable out ?

The winch on Mrs Mack is Gearmatic and it has no ability to free spool and makes hard work for pulling cable out for general winching

Paul 

• Like 1

It's a Pro Winch and that square aluminum cylinder is a air clutch for free spooling. IIRC that Gearmatic is owned by PacCar so is Braden. When it's 10* below zero a free spool winch

is a must.

Truck Shop 

• Like 1

One ping only

Not truck related but Amazon just screwed me on a drum set. Amazon was the seller. After 10 days when it was supposed to ship, at 6:15 A.M. tracking says it will arrive by 8 P.M. I notify my son (for this son). Later that day I get an email from Amazon that my order has been cancelled by them because my drums are not available. I am NOT a happy camper with them and removed my personal information from their site and will NOT order from them again. I did not have Prime.

On 5/28/2018 at 10:40 AM, h67st said:

I bought my chainfall from Jeg's as well as some other tools and parts. They have good prices and good service.

I'll 2nd Jeg's...bought a lot through them, and always easy to deal with.

Edited by RowdyRebel
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!