Man,  those RM series are one tough a$$ unit!!!

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The town of Greenburgh NY still has some great running manual shift RM sanders and plows. They also sound great and driver that does my street prefers it over the newer trucks they have. I look forward to hearing them whenever we have snow because I know that its only a matter of time before they are all replaced.

• Like 1

Boy not many of them left like that one!! I just bought a what I would call really clean 1991 RM6904X, EM7 300, 5 speed, top speed on the governor 38 mph, but its nothing like that! TF Green Airport in Providence is selling their fleet of RMs on publicsurplus.com, I've heard the trucks are very nice due to no corrosives being used at the airport.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 57 bcr said:

I believe  that  is a DMM,Rich. Equally  as tough  and cool,though! Al

Yeah it is a DMM...ex PP&L  I believe the green RD came from PP&L too, thought they went together well...

Edited by Rich Reinhart

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:53 AM, cstaples said:

The cornbinder isn't mine...I would never have such a thing!!

IMG_3264[1].JPG

LOL.  I have a small fleet of those thirteen letter $&it spreader plow trucks!!  They do a nice job, run cheap, and parts are only 18 minutes away.   But yes nothing like that cool Mack

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

We had an electric man lift at work a few years back being used by a contractor and I borrowed it to put a new bulb in the parking lot lights.  It was only like 40ft up, but it would not quite reach the fixture.  I had to kinda reach over the railing and unscrew the lens and replace the bulb.  With the wind blowing a bit, then the control buttons were basically "Up" or "down" and it would not move smoothly.  Ugh, I don't do heights well to begin with and THAT did not make it much easier on me.  Mind you I was in full OSHA fall gear(NOT).  LOL!!

We bought the fall gear, only problem is they make me wear it when working in the shop.  The only problem is the cable is longer then the fall.  WTH?  Ain't gunno do me much good I think.  But it make the bosses happy to see me wear it.  It is not a ratchet style cable, it is just bundle up in a little baggie.  The fall is 15 ft and the cable is 20. :rolleyes:

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I have worked in bucket trucks  and 85'ladders , had a ride in one of those 100' hyranger fire trucks  , It was kind off cool the lower half would clear the power lines and we could stretch out the upper half across the road  but at 90 degrees like that the platform would really move . but when we stopped you could watch the boom sections twist.That was my last ride.

Older round tube sign cranes had ladder sections bolted to brackets on the tubes, you would climb up the ladder (each section as narrower than the one below so the rails would ride inside each other so the higher you went the narrower the ladder) and stick your legs in between the rungs and stand on the greased round tube and squeeze the rungs with your knees and start working. No harnesses this was before fall protection, I never felt all that intelligent up there.