The All New Mack

21 minutes ago, keg1 said:

Bring back the R model

Agree-they seem hung up on the idea everyone has to stand up in the cab to get to the "sleeper"!  Well in a vocational truck, I don't need a cab wide enough to accommodate  4 fat gals!  the R cab, original Ford Louisville cab for example, were perfect IMO.  good visibility, enough shoulder room, and after the bump out cab back, enough leg room.  Then again I'm talking "vocational".!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Red Horse said:

So the Anthem IS a different cab-with a one piece windshield -just like a Volvo-this looks like a CH with a new hood

This is a daycab anthem. The anthem has a mack CH cab different hood new interior and sleepers not a Volvo cab. One piece windshields have been available for years in the granites, CH, and visions,pinnacles ,titans . our new w900 has a one piece windshield. 

2 hours ago, Back In Black Pulling said:

Sorry just don't like like it

I'm not crazy about it . its like anything you get used to it . I remember when the cascadia first came out I said to myself no one is gonna buy that ugly thing !! 6 months later seemed like every other truck was a cascadia !! Certainly mack won't sell as many of these freightliner does but but if your a company that buys the pinnacle cxu you'll probably buy this . I still wonder what the set forward axle truck that they were showing bits of in the mack teaser videos for this truck is . the first video they released showed a complete axle forward sleeper truck with different headlights than the chu has now hood looked like a rd hood . that got my hopes up but then they dropped this thing .. And no axle forward new model . at least they still make the rawhide chu .

19 hours ago, logtruckman said:

I'm not crazy about it . its like anything you get used to it . I remember when the cascadia first came out I said to myself no one is gonna buy that ugly thing !! 6 months later seemed like every other truck was a cascadia !! Certainly mack won't sell as many of these freightliner does but but if your a company that buys the pinnacle cxu you'll probably buy this . I still wonder what the set forward axle truck that they were showing bits of in the mack teaser videos for this truck is . the first video they released showed a complete axle forward sleeper truck with different headlights than the chu has now hood looked like a rd hood . that got my hopes up but then they dropped this thing .. And no axle forward new model . at least they still make the rawhide chu .

See the other post about the new Mack in the fall for more pics and details from me on page 4. The CHU is getting the new grille.  Same shape headlights but internals are changing to LED.  Truck is also getting the new interior and the new sleeper box.  That could have been some of the stuff in the teaser.

The comments about the crowd enthusiasm I think that may have been a production company error.  I noticed it too but I also noticed by the annoying clapping you kept hearing that the only Mic was the one set up on the presenter.  There was no ambient mic.  Made it sound very quiet in the room.

Lastly, people keep hating on the hood mirrors.  Personally I like them but I do believe they are optional.

The truck doesn't look bad on my mind.

Personally I better like the style of the original CH when it was introduced. But you should make some changes from time to time. Just because the times change.

And I like the mirrors. Finally I see when hood-mounted ones are integrated into the overall style. They seem very useful driving in traffic but I hate optional tripodes etc attached to a hood of a classic truck.

Funny thing 2 or 3 local friends emailed me with pics of new Mack. Later I found out Russian journalists shared the news of its presentation. A funny fact on my mind to wright about a make of truck just a few people in Russia are familiar with even Mack brand existance.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Well as for the rabbit ear mirrors, if you can tolerate the lost aerodynamics from those, from a safety perspective, I think stand alone fender mount directional signals should be mandatory.  Or am I the only one who thinks turn signals get lost in the headlight glare when they are included in same "pod".  I've been told pedestal mounted turn signals are gone because of impact on fuel economy!

Like what?  .005 MPG?  Friend of mine is a Ford dealer and on all his class 6/7 650/750's in the Bluediamond era he would order the pedestal turn signals which were a low cost option.  Not anymore on the Avon Lake built Fords.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bbigrig said:

It's what we have been waiting for. I've got my name in to demo upon arrival north of the 100th meridian

Looking forward to getting rid of a Volvo 780.

FB_IMG_1505351490533.jpg

I watched the reveal myself and I thought "huh, just a vision with a bad facelift". All of this hype for this? But when I had seen this picture and thought that's not really bad.  I hate the hood mirrors and the grill was a little off putting at first and the headlights are not really doing it for me but the more I look at it, it grows on me.  I think its just something new we are not use to. Mack is not going to make the R models or Superliners, or B Models any more. That's a fact. They went for a new more modern look to set themselves apart from the rest of the over the road trucks. Its a bit harder and tougher looking than the rest of the Areo trucks out there. It may just get them some extra sales... or not. I'm withholding final decision until I see one in person.

• Like 1