Holy crap ouch

66dc75

d11d1c516380d1c6ed3da36170911e6e4c7c3683

If that would have been just a couple inches lower............he might have made it through...............before running into the bridge instead.

Someone just posted about a dumptruck hitting a bridge in Marysville, Ohio recently.  I know the old story was a dump truck driver has either laid one over is going to.  Guess that also applies to hitting bridges?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

yeah but don't you look in your mirrors while your driving, let alone that would have to "feel" funny driving down the road like that. i have a side dump and sometimes when you set the tub down on uneven ground it does not set all the way down, i know its not down all the way right away. 

that is the difference between a driver and a steering wheel holder. 

i had a steering wheelholder tell me a few years ago that i was lying when i said i could feel a tire going flat driving down the road

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

yeah but don't you look in your mirrors while your driving, let alone that would have to "feel" funny driving down the road like that. i have a side dump and sometimes when you set the tub down on uneven ground it does not set all the way down, i know its not down all the way right away. 

Plus there would be light coming thru the rear window.

glenn akers

Saw a dump body upside down and and facing backwards on the parkway going through Pittsburgh,hit an overpass, tore it completely off! I used to drive an early 60s F950 Ford tandem dump when we were building Margate Florida, a worn out strictly job  site truck.We were all going back to our "staging area" and the guy behind me was honking the horn and flashing his lights! My dump body had started to go up!😁 the pto and dump levers were so worn they were flopping around! Obviously I hadn't disengaged the pto! Glad I was empty! Every day you had to put a gallon of hydraulic fluid in the hoist! Was a 5 &3, the auxiliary box would lock up if you tried to split the gears! You had to pry it out of gear with a bar! The rear axles would move left to right 3"! The only good part of the truck was the 534 engine! Didn't really need the auxiliary! Every day you got a different truck! The B model and the two new little Ford 6yard dumps were the only street legal trucks in the fleet!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Carlot, that is amazing! You may have me on that!😁 saw half of a Swift trailer in the middle of I 77 near Wytheville Va! Was making a u turn in the.middle of the interstate! Got sliced in half by another truck coming over the rise! You'll like this one,when I drove for Nu Car Carriers, they had a photo in they're Ayer Ma. Terminal of a new Ford someone drove off the front of the headramp, landed.on its nose in front of the tractor....a little rubbing compound?😁

Speaking of low bridges in Ct ,In Danbury there are two very close together one on lake ave,and one on rose street ,My buddy named his daughter Bridget because he cleaned up so many trucks that year,was a wholesale food supplier next to the bridge ,there drivers would hit the bridge once a month. Once he gets a call refer unit would not start,he goes out on a service call and the refer is missing ,he opened the back doors and the refer was all smashed on the floor.The driver had hit the bridge but stopped before he blew up the body,and just played stupid ,well he didn't have to try very hard at that.