long awaited work shop finally started

mowerman

Going to put some type of fire suppression system in it?   Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

I will be using a wash tank in there for sure.  A must especially for doing automatic transmissions.   Thanks for the suggestion...bob

My house in Virginia and both on Long Island have alarm link to F.D and sprinklers plus fire stops added in key areas. The shop under construction in Virginia will have foggers with a split link to our pond and city water.  The welding / machine shop room and HVAC room will have Halon along with link to F.D. 

Always amazed that we put our most valued vehicles and equipment  in a shop and cheap out on  even a simple fire alarm  and some type of suppression system. I looked at a big collection of trucks, many one of ones or sole survivors and the building were built just under what would require a fire system.  FXFYMN and I had a discussion about my systems and submitting  pics of my system to the ATHS mag.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out guy I work with has a daughter that works for a rental outfit he tells me I might be getting a back hoe delivered next Friday all for free that would be the answer to my prayers can continue and complete job with that😊😊😊.  Bob 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Story of my life is everything takes a lot longer than I expected 
I learnt long ago just keep on plugging at it and I get there soon enough 

Keep taking small steps you'll be there soon enough 

Paul

you know paul.....i dont move too fast.....i like to make sure everything is right and correct measurements.....most of my help including my wife.....just wants to slam it together...:idunno:....bob

• Like 1

Was able to borrow this backhoe all weekend delivered... pays to know people  in low places sometimes I have already moved a lot of dirt around and pulled out a tree stump it should come in handy putting roof together got it till Monday morning I’ll make good use of it ...bob

• 1 month later...

Latest progress lotta work lotta bolts who ever says these things are easy to put up musta had a months vacation and 4 guys helping at all times. You gotta be kidding me this hasn't been easy at all even have a good friend from ABF WITH ME ALL THE WAY THROUGH lol bobd85526271395a4c36406f2117b6780f8.jpg

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I bought one of those lil metal sheds to put my lawn tractor in.   Holy COW!!!   The bag of screws was half the weight of the box LOL!!!   Took a few nights to screw that little 10x10 together.  I can just imagine the bag of bolts for that "little" shed. :wacko:

Of course a few years back a tree dropped a huge limb though the roof and now it's a worthless, leaky shed.  Need to replace it with a bigger one(after I buy a few battery packs for my cordless drill!! )

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Sorry about the crummya picture best I could do at the time I am still having problems posting pictures of this new phone I am going to take it into Verizon and ask them what the problem is but yes I also pulled up one of those 8 x 8 buildings and it came with over 700 screws it took me quite a while to put it Together also I think this garage kit kit I was around 2000 screws real time-consuming project...bob