I'm surprised...

RowdyRebel

3 hours ago, Outbehindthebarn said:

No, I don't think so.  They thought enough of her influence to fire her for pulling that stunt. 

I'm not getting pulled into THIS choke-fest..........but darnit son, those impromptu, make-up free, snap shots of her were scarier than the stupid severed head. A person should never be allowed to see the radio disk jockey, your always disappointed.

• Like 2

I think I can finish the argument concerning ACA.........

“Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical for the thing to pass. … Look, I wish … we could make it all transparent, but I’d rather have this law than not.”   Jonathon Gruber- Technical Architect of ACA 

• Like 2

On 6/16/2017 at 8:11 PM, TeamsterGrrrl said:

A higher percentage of Americans have health insurance thanks to Obamacare. The gap in Obamacare was for folks like you who weren't eligible for any subsidy, weren't part of any group, and live in a state that didn't create their own exchange.

A higher percentage have coverage because they were told they HAD to buy it or face a huge penalty from the IRS. People in general WANT to comply with the law. However, that insurance policy they bought isn't worth the paper it is printed on for most, because the premiums are 2-3 times as high, eating up such a sizable chunk of their monthly budget that they simply can't afford to pay the ridiculous deductibles which again are 3-5 times what they used to be. Bottom line, that insurance policy they are paying an arm and a leg for in order to comply with an unconstitutional mandate won't ever pay out for anything other than the most catastrophic of claims. If that's all you were going to be insured for, you could have bought a policy like that for next to nothing before Obama and the Democrats forced this crap through. So you're faced with a "damned if you do/damned if you don't" situation, where you self-insure and pay the penalty and get gouged on any medical bills you may accrue since ER's tend to bill 340% more to uninsured people...or pay through the nose for insurance every month and declare bankruptcy when the hospital bills show up. Bend over, 'cuz either way you lose thanks to Obamacare. 

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

9 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Remember, pollsters are the ones who stated that Trump didn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of winning the election!

Is it possible that the reduced unemployment rate has anything to do with more people being insured?  The number of uninsured has nothing to do with the number of people on Obamacare.  Obamacare is still failing and will collapse if not replaced.  It was designed to do so, so that single payer (government healthcare) could be brought in.  No, thank you!  The Veterans Administration is a prime example of what government healthcare would be.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, david wild said:

Ya'll making me sick, Obama was a failure. Obamacare is and was a ripoff, Trump is way smarter than you will ever know, given the chance the liberal left will/would destroy this country. your left BS is just that BS, you live in fantasy land, if ISIS was a JV team, what was team Obama, Law Enforcement became the target off the left wing criminal, Fast and Stupid got a good man killed, destroyed American coal and the people associated with it to help some third world nation with a combined IQ of 7, Yeah you left leaning drones really got it on. Your team made a mess, why don't you shut up and let Team Trump see if they can fix your disaster. Oh and for you I have a union pension, 70+ have now failed and being taken over by a Government Insurance fund supported by us non union taxpayers making you nothing but a high dollar welfare whore.

Sorry that things haven't worked out well for you.

9 hours ago, GA_Dave said:

Remember, pollsters are the ones who stated that Trump didn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of winning the election!

Is it possible that the reduced unemployment rate has anything to do with more people being insured?  The number of uninsured has nothing to do with the number of people on Obamacare.  Obamacare is still failing and will collapse if not replaced.  It was designed to do so, so that single payer (government healthcare) could be brought in.  No, thank you!  The Veterans Administration is a prime example of what government healthcare would be.

One poll alone has a high chance of errors, average a bunch of polls and factor in historical data and you can make very accurate predictions. Nate Silver and his crew over at 538 did that and predicted that Trump had about a 1 in 3 chance of winning. 538 also saw Trump's potential electoral college path to victory in the midwest swing states, Hillary's campaign and the DNC missed that trend and the rest is history.

Would be interesting to do some regression analysis and see if employment was a factor, but given that the drop in unemployment was smaller than the increase in insured, it's unlikely that employment contributed to the entire change. As for Obamacare not being responsible, it's the major variable that changed during the period studied, and no other variable can account for the size of the change in insured percentage.

As for Obamacare failing, depends how you define "failing". Overall, Obamacare is succeeding in most measures like insured rate. And while a few folks may have fallen through the cracks and are being gouged by the insurance companies, millions now have health care because of Obamacare.

Sad to see you bashing the good folks (many veterans) who work for and run the VA, but the VA is a model of successfully providing health care while controlling costs. This is largely because  unlike Medicare, the VA is allowed to negotiate for the best deals on drugs, DME, etc.. The VA's problems are largely due to surges in patient loads thanks to the Afghanistan and Iraq wars and the tendency of older vets to migrate to warm places like Florida and Arizona.

3 minutes ago, Dirtymilkman said:

Even with Medicare you still need plan B insurance. The cost of that went astronomical. And if you get insurance through work, do you really think it's free?!  You're still paying for it. Government programs only benefit the the very poor or the lazy. My dad is 70, his Medicare supplement costs $8500 a year. What a great deal! Thank you Obama! My healthcare went from $290 a month to $900 a month, thank you Obama! Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining! Don't be so proud that you can't see your failures. Our WHOLE government blows. It's all about the lobbyists with the biggest checkbook. 

My Part B is around $1200 a year, helps to be in a group. Being "independent" sounds cool, but you have zilch bargaining power...

Aw but you see I like to work and I'm not ready to retire, so while you sit around thinking about how you can give away something that's not yours while hoarding what is yours,  I'm off at a airport working on some Russian Migs and some Polish fighter trainers, and of course the B25  and B17 that come out along with the L39, you know something that you get to look at from the other side of the fence. Your so small minded that you just don't get it. Have you seen the pyramids, what was the hanging gardens of Babylon, flown around the world on the world's biggest airplane (do you even know what is the biggest plane)? I could go on but I know you have done so much too. You have no idea what it feels like to load 550,000 pounds of cargo in to a plane and have it take off. In fact you will never know, so stay in your small world and convince your self how worldly you are. while those of us that can will continue to do things that you can only see on TV.        

• Like 1

4 hours ago, david wild said:

Aw but you see I like to work and I'm not ready to retire, so while you sit around thinking about how you can give away something that's not yours while hoarding what is yours,  I'm off at a airport working on some Russian Migs and some Polish fighter trainers, and of course the B25  and B17 that come out along with the L39, you know something that you get to look at from the other side of the fence. Your so small minded that you just don't get it. Have you seen the pyramids, what was the hanging gardens of Babylon, flown around the world on the world's biggest airplane (do you even know what is the biggest plane)? I could go on but I know you have done so much too. You have no idea what it feels like to load 550,000 pounds of cargo in to a plane and have it take off. In fact you will never know, so stay in your small world and convince your self how worldly you are. while those of us that can will continue to do things that you can only see on TV.       

Well if you're so great and wealthy and have all these expensive toys, how come the price of insurance is such a problem for you? And yes, I know what the world's highest lift capacity cargo plane is, the Russians built 2 during the cold war and 1 is operable.

19 minutes ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Well if you're so great and wealthy and have all these expensive toys, how come the price of insurance is such a problem for you? And yes, I know what the world's highest lift capacity cargo plane is, the Russians built 2 during the cold war and 1 is operable.

Just to be clear, speaking of the An-225, aircraft manufacturer Antonov is located in Ukraine, headquartered in Kiev.

When the An-225 was designed in the 1980s (first flight Dec 21, 1988), Ukraine was a republic of the Soviet Union (1922-1991).

On 6/15/2017 at 3:59 PM, DailyDiesel said:

Guess we forgot about all those tasteful depictions of President Obama being lynched. Or maybe those polite comments about his wife looking like an ape. Or those delightful personal attacks of his daughters. Remember Ted Nugent and his comments? The exact same crap as what Kathy Griffin pulled except they were playing for the other side.

The point is this. Both "sides" have their fair share of lunatics who really do not represent the group as a whole. Left or Right. Democrat or Republican. Pro gun. Anti gun.

And lets not forget Snoop Dawg shooting Trump in his video, Trump being burned in effigy, because as the Berkley professor said "We don't have him to burn . . yet. The crew of  Morning Joe and Rachael Maddow both having 1/2 hour shows about the First lady being a the First Whore. Rosie, Bill Mahr and Conan all calling Baron Trump a little retard and the product of Trump screwing his daughter Ivanca.. Lets not forget Griffin not only doing the decapitation but when she heard Baron was upset, vowed to see "the little retard swinging from the pipes in the basement of the White House.Trump being stabbed to death in a NYC Shakespear in the Park  .Normal people leave the children of anybody they dislike out of the equation..Don't see any of the media or others showing out rage, I guess just because it's Trump it's allowed  If it was Obama and his family or Clinton and Chelsea there would be massive outrage and the rolling of heads.

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

9 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Would be interesting to do some regression analysis and see if employment was a factor, but given that the drop in unemployment was smaller than the increase in insured, it's unlikely that employment contributed to the entire change.

For every person who is employed, there can be several people insured through that person's job, not just the person who got the job.  Years ago, I had 5 people insured because of my job.  Many who have recently become employed, or re-employed, may have family members that are now insured because of that one job.

My youngest son has not had health insurance since he moved out of the house years ago.  Due to a recent promotion, he now enjoys healthcare coverage as a benefit of his new position.  My oldest son recently took a new job in his same career field, but this one not only paid more, it came with a benefit package that included health insurance, where his old job did not.  Neither of my son's situations have had any effect on the unemployment rate, but they are now both insured.

Both of the above examples show that the percentage of people recently employed or re-employed may not equal the percentage of people no longer uninsured.

This is why we need more "data points"- on one hand we have the phenomenon of multiple people sometimes gaining insurance through the employment of one. On the other hand we have the fact that over half the population isn't even in the labor force and thus often doesn't benefit from increased employment. And while it's obvious that you're trying to build a poorly constructed argument that Obama's ACA didn't reduce the uninsurance rate, your alternative theory gives credit to falling unemployment which happened on Obama's watch too.

6 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

This is why we need more "data points"- on one hand we have the phenomenon of multiple people sometimes gaining insurance through the employment of one. On the other hand we have the fact that over half the population isn't even in the labor force and thus often doesn't benefit from increased employment. And while it's obvious that you're trying to build a poorly constructed argument that Obama's ACA didn't reduce the uninsurance rate, your alternative theory gives credit to falling unemployment which happened on Obama's watch too.

I was referring to the current unemployment rate, the lowest in 16 years.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/unemployment-rate

I also never said the the uninsured rate didn't decrease with Obamacare. What I stated was that we were repeatedly lied to about the amount of decrease that Obamacare caused.  Obama and the liberals told us that the ACA would virtually eliminate those without insurance and it never even came close.  It never even met a single projection they claimed.  You have obviously been Grubered!

• Like 2