Said goodbye today

13 hours ago, Superdog said:

Delivered my '71 R685 wrecker to it's new home today. I don't know how you guys that sell trucks all the time handle it,pretty sad to let it go. Don't even feel like eating supper.

I'm like you; haven't had trucks but I've sold some tractors & it about made me sick; still see 2 of them & I think that makes me sicker!

• Like 1

I can sell a few of my cars no problems but NOT my motorcycles or trucks. Every one seems to be and old friend no matter how long I've had it.  Sold my owned since new, 1988 Dodge Ram last winter and am still sick over the mistake.  Paul

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I feel your pain.  I am no good at selling things either.  I have sold a few things and have regretted it before they left.  One I bought back. I had two I sold that I knew were being parted out.  That was even worse.  I didn't want them but didn't want them cut up.   I could never do it  as a business.  

You will be happy when you get the Autocar back looking nice though.   

You can all make fun of me but the best car I ever owned was a 1991 ford festiva.      I beat that car for 11 years back and forth to work.   I literarily  ran the shit out of it, and it never missed a beat.   It got 40+ mpg and other then  the occasional oil changes the car took nothing,     It still had the same battery in it the day it left.        When it was time to go   I made the guy come get one night after I left for work.    So don't feel bad for being attached to a truck,  I was to a festiva.  Lol

I know the feeling. I had  around 20 two cylinder J.D. s.  Sold all but 3. Had a 51 G with the power block and a lot of  extras. Power steering,live hydraulics, break away couplings,hour meter, &  a schwartz  wide front.To this day  sad I sold it.  I would buy it back if I could find it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

So don't feel bad for being attached to a truck,  I was to a festiva.  Lol

Don't feel bad, I have a friend that LOVED his Festiva's.  He had about a half dozen red ones(just always found red ones?).  He would just keep parting them down to keep one running.  Around here they rotted to pieces so you had to keep a few around for parts.  He thought they were better then sliced bread LOL!  I despised having to ride in them, but what could I do?  If you leaned your butt cheek against them, it would dent.  Just did not feel very safe to ride in a car you could mangle just leaning on.

I've sold/traded in a few pickups.  Kinda miss them in certain ways, but miss the good times I had in them.   Definitely takes me back to a better time when I think of them.  Like my new '96 F350 dually that I put a supercharge on.  Man that thing was as HOOT to drive.  It ran with the Lightnings of the day and that was pretty good for a big truck.  Back then you didn't have all the Dodge/cummins that run like they do today.  To have a dually run in the 15's in the 1/4 mile was pretty impressive.  Wouldn't wanna have to pay the fuel bill in todays market though.

Edited by Freightrain
  • Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I've had lots of girl friends etc. etc. and have not grieved over them, but when I lose a vehicle I cannot get over it. I'm still grieving over my first one since 1971. The old vehicles don't let you down as often as wimmins does. And you keep on paying for them. I use my eyes more than I do my flashlight now days. Happier than ever to. 

• Like 2