Pictures of the Week

other dog

On 9/1/2016 at 10:34 PM, Brocky said:

Thanks for the pictures.. Ever notice that most of your girls in cars are either texting or talking on the phone??? 

Do you get a long weekend?? Especially after a short one last W/E??

Yes I did- if they're not actually on the phone, it's laying right there on their leg where they can reach it instantly.

Yes, I did get a long weekend, I unloaded in Emporia Wednesday morning and went up to Petersburg and loaded a 50' load going to Houston. I haven't done anything since, i'll leave Sunday for Tuesday delivery in Houston.

I'll have a backyard barbecue tomorrow, everybody come on over!

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

12 minutes ago, other dog said:

Yes I did- if they're not actually on the phone, it's laying right there on their leg where they can reach it instantly.

Yes, I did get a long weekend, I unloaded in Emporia Wednesday morning and went up to Petersburg and loaded a 50' load going to Houston. I haven't done anything since, i'll leave Sunday for Tuesday delivery in Houston.

I'll have a backyard barbecue tomorrow, everybody come on over!

DSCN5363.JPG

I bet you'd have a stroke if I showed up....LOL.......of course I wouldn't be empty-handed.......

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

1 hour ago, RedBullDog said:

The blue heads on the Deere combines are Shelbourne-Reynolds stripper heads.  It uses a high speed rotating drum with triangle shaped teeth to pull the grain from the plant without cutting off the straw.  The only thing going through the machine is grain and seed hulls, so the combine can operate faster and leave the residue intact for no-till.  

They have been around for years and are really useful in down wheat.  I ran one for a couple of years in my past life. 

Thanks for the explanation on the combine heads.. And OD was in rice country so it makes sense.. And in ARK they still field burn a lot of the rice straw..

• Like 2

Brocky

"The gorge" is beautiful except at 3am in the fog!  1965, have you ever stopped at  Flicks restaurant in Potts Camp ms? On 78 east of Memphis. Good little family owned t.s. O.D. When did Yuengling start  making sausages,hope they're as good as their beer! Lol We are having a tropical storm here,Called Hermione, pronounced Her...Mine. Power was off from 0338 til 1100 had to heat water for instant coffee on the "Barbie" I'm spoiled since we got the Kuerig coffee maker! For some unknown reason my wife prefers instant. She's cheap to feed! Brocky, I noticed the same thing about the girls and their ever present cell phones! Statistically talking on the phone while driving is as dangerous as driving drunk! Texting,even worse! Down here they are both " secondary offenses" That means to get a ticket you have to be pulled over for something else at the same time! Thanks electronics lobby! My pet peeve!

4 hours ago, BillyT said:

1965, have you ever stopped at  Flicks restaurant in Potts Camp ms? On 78 east of Memphis. Good little family owned t.s. 

Flicks is short for the last name Flickash; he bout owns Potts Camp; or least he did

have been there several times

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, other dog said:

So, I browned those sausages in a coated, non-stick skillet, just like the instructions said. After they were brown on all sides I poured half a Yuengling in the pan and let them simmer for 15 more minutes. The instructions said to simmer them in water, so I figured a Yuengling had to be better.

DSCN5373.JPG

Then I set them aside, with the fried potatoes and onions, poured the Yuengling out, and browned some peppers and onions a little bit. Then I added them to the skillet of potatoes, onions, and sausage-

DSCN5374.JPG

It was very good- maybe better than scrapple.

Looks damn good!

almost as good as them winfall wimmins!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, other dog said:

So, I browned those sausages in a coated, non-stick skillet, just like the instructions said. After they were brown on all sides I poured half a Yuengling in the pan and let them simmer for 15 more minutes. The instructions said to simmer them in water, so I figured a Yuengling had to be better.

DSCN5373.JPG

Then I set them aside, with the fried potatoes and onions, poured the Yuengling out, and browned some peppers and onions a little bit. Then I added them to the skillet of potatoes, onions, and sausage-

DSCN5374.JPG

It was very good- maybe better than scrapple.

better than scrapple aint sayin' much

• Like 2

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian