set back axle superliner

Hey guys, dont get on here much, I'm down in St Thomas, and just found a set back axle superliner, not a brockway and left hand drive to boot, gonna check on it soon and find out more, does anyone know more of this anomaly?? I thought I knew Mack pretty well, then found this! it's a 10 wheel dump. I will post pics soon, would like to know more about it, and if its for sale, I may see about spending stupid $$$.

Dirtymilkman. The bulge is just the plus3 cab that was standard on Macks after 1972 I think was the year. It was an option on Brockway 700 Series 1975-77. Except on the 776 Series brockway I think it was standard on that model.How about some dash and roof pictures ?I have been in St.Thomas a few times always looking for old trucks there. Thanks Joe D.

Hey guys, dont get on here much, I'm down in St Thomas, and just found a set back axle superliner, not a brockway and left hand drive to boot, gonna check on it soon and find out more, does anyone know more of this anomaly?? I thought I knew Mack pretty well, then found this! it's a 10 wheel dump. I will post pics soon, would like to know more about it, and if its for sale, I may see about spending stupid $$$.

Australian RB is what you have there. Fulton Hogan in New Zealand had one. post-426-0-93465100-1455910131_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The one on the picture Mike posted is sure Australian truck.

It has R-model cab as it should have and is built on a R700 model chassis as they all were done.

From what I see it is not a set back one but the hood is made longer at its front. And has normal length from the firewall to the fenders area.

The form of the lower edge of that part of the hood has its own design being apart from American version. The same about the air filter tube cut out. Aussie RW's have it higher than American ones, the top part of the hood cut off either. And would note it's RW1.

Too interesting truck anyway.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Super Dogs picture

that Superliner is modified from what I can remember reading about it belongs to earth moving contractor who has a horn for Cat motors I cant remember what motor went in it to extend the bonnet that far there is also a R 600 or maybe a R 700 that looks like that in Australia same thing to fit a big Cat motor

The pic in Tim's pretty sure is a Kiwi special Swishy has the low down on these and shared some information on here once about them the story behind the NZ built Macks

so better tell us all again Swishy as I have forgotten there was a Kiwi web site for it think it was a Mack dealer in Kiwi land

Paul

• Like 2