WWII Autocar Wrecker

My fellow BMT member, I have scanned the info that will support your friend's research.

However, the website's system says I "have exceeded my allotted disk space for attachments".

One of the core values of the BMT website, a key pillar that has allowed it to leap forward in popularity and become global in scope and viewership, is the exchange of knowledge.

As inexpensive as disc space is today, it would be a shame for the website to plateau here.

I will e-mail you the information (scanned photographs). But please post those four scans here so that all BMT viewers may benefit.

I again want to emphasize that the ability to share such truck knowledge with all BMT viewers is the core element which has, up to now, allowed BMT to soar.

Is that the one 4 sale in Victoria?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

My fellow BMT member, I have scanned the info that will support your friend's research.

However, the website's system says I "have exceeded my allotted disk space for attachments".

One of the core values of the BMT website, a key pillar that has allowed it to leap forward in popularity and become global in scope and viewership, is the exchange of knowledge.

As inexpensive as disc space is today, it would be a shame for the website to plateau here.

I will e-mail you the information (scanned photographs). But please post those four scans here so that all BMT viewers may benefit.

I again want to emphasize that the ability to share such truck knowledge with all BMT viewers is the core element which has, up to now, allowed BMT to soar.

Isn't this a matter of deleting old attachments? Is this something that is unique to all websites or just BMT?

Isn't this a matter of deleting old attachments? Is this something that is unique to all websites or just BMT?

It is common to most all Forums with a basic memory cap for members.

Yes, deleting older /oldest attachments with free up space. Using an outside source like Foki, Photo Bucket or Drop Box will not limit your attachments,because it is a linked item.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Is there a way that bmt can make exceptions at least for some of these guys who are literally a fountain of information to ensure it get on here and never gets lost?

Agree 100%. this is a great site-because of some people who have inside knowledge most of us don't have.

Yes, deleting older /oldest attachments with free up space. Using an outside source like Foki, Photo Bucket or Drop Box will not limit your attachments,because it is a linked item.

41-good thought but if this was the option, often times we see posts that refer to items that were in fact previoiusly posted months ago. Seems like that is a good feature to retain. Is it a cost factor to expand the "memory cap"? My first thought, if the "cap" is based on the potential for ALL members to utilize that cap, I would have to think that posters (such as myself) would never come close to hitting that number.

Agree 100%. this is a great site-because of some people who have inside knowledge most of us don't have.

41-good thought but if this was the option, often times we see posts that refer to items that were in fact previoiusly posted months ago. Seems like that is a good feature to retain. Is it a cost factor to expand the "memory cap"? My first thought, if the "cap" is based on the potential for ALL members to utilize that cap, I would have to think that posters (such as myself) would never come close to hitting that number.

Any one ask Barry or one of the Moderators?

P.T.CHESHIRE

the reason for the post size limit on most forums is to keep from overloading the servers.

before Internet Brands bought FTE there was a very small post size limit, and if a thread reached more than 1000 posts it would put a heavy load on the servers when multiple threads that large would try to load at the same time. so we would split threads and close the old ones at around 500 posts to keep from overloading the servers.

then IB came aboard and revamped everything with their very large server farms and eliminated the problems.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

which VICTORIA are you speaking off. B C or somewhere in US.

Australia's Victoria State where Melborne is.

P.T.CHESHIRE