used for erecting big top circus tents ie winch&stake driver

Bingo.

click me

Here it is in Easton, Pa. 1946

post-3242-0-67698100-1453144756_thumb.jp

In 1950 converted to a box truck

post-3242-0-20734900-1453144950_thumb.jp

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

PITA has their initials correct. Pain in the Ass. I do not believe any animal should be abused by any means. But if they use Elephants for erecting tents that is not abusive fro what I see. Tigers jumping thru hoops looks OK also. Why go to the Circus if no big animals to see. They got rid of the cigarette smoking ping pong Hootchie koochie Girls years ago whats left ?

PITA == People Ingesting Tasty Animals :twothumbsup:

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Is it one of those rigs that drills a hole then sets off a charge and measures the seismic reading to search for oil? I don't even know how they chose where to punch a hole in the ground for oil back then.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

No, It used the unit on the back to vibrate a pair of equally spaced tent poles into and out of the ground. The poles were 6 inch dia and 8 to 10 feet long tubes that the support posts would fit in to.

I acutually have a video of it working but BMT keeps telling me I can not post it here. (?) Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE