American Truck Historical Society

bluebonnet

Victor,

Maybe they will do an article about you and your truck. That is a beautiful B Model that you own.

Yup!!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It is the solicitation for another book listing all the members with your vehicle picture-just like the one published in 2011. So this one will be 2016.

SOS- schools -colleges do the same thing-every 5 years its a money pit! Harris is the name of the outfit that does this- I have received two post cards and two e-mail requests-haven't called yet.

Perhaps Yarnall or Doug Maney can lend some insight about what the card is all about???

Doug and I are on the board of the Antique Truck Club of America not ATHS I am a member though.

It is a money maker. I have not responded. Mike.

good luck sendin me one. I have about nothing good to say about ATHS and the bullshit at York along with their money making bullshit for some gold dome over Kansas city that most of us will never see. ATCA on the other hand is one of the finest clubs I have came across

tell me about atca have`nt seen much on them any web site?

Ya, I remember it a few years back. I didn't do anything back then either. The card is very vague and doesn't say anything about buying a book(like the last time). I haven't replied either. My rusty old junk is not worthy of a fancy book and surely not going to pay to look at it either. I can walk out to the garage and do it for free.

The photog for our racing group takes a good photo anyway....as seen below.

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I called and yes the ATHS has contracted with a company to publish a roster of members and members' vehicles. I updated my information, bit the bullet, and ordered the CD version for $34. I thought it would be "nice to have" since it lists the members, location, and vehicles. Likely the CD is copy protected so someone cannot make copies and sell or give to others. As was mentioned, my college alma tomater did the same thing a few years ago.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"