new unused 04 rd688s at richie bros

Nobody454

The truck belongeg to a guy in the refuse truck business. He was a collector and decided to keep this one. He had an accident and died. They're selling the truck and the funds are going to a research cause.

Because of Superdog theory, I ended buying 3 Legend RD in december. We don't need any of those but couldnt pass the chance. One would have been enuff, but we didnt want the 3 trucks being separated because they've been together since new.

We will watch this auction, and our registration have been sent long ago ;)

good luck ! how about some pics of the ones you have?

• Like 1

Rossi had a few R700s and a B model that I think they still used every now and then?. I saw the B model out at O'Hare field last year. and 3 years ago it was working out on Rt83 in Elmhurst

I would love to get my hands on that B model. Just crazy that they still use it. I actually stopped by their yard in December and asked if I could take some pics, but the person in charge wasn't there and they said they would call me back. I even told the office girl that I'm a Rossi also, thinking that might help. I never heard back. Lol

i know there was a guy in kc that was a collector and most all the trucks were black. He kept them in a salt mine. He bought a 57 Chevy truck from us to restore. If it's the same guy he had a huge collection. My grandpa was out there a few times and saw his trucks. Like I said don't know if it's the same guy or not.

It's just too bad they didn't bring back the old hood for that final run. I just never could grow to like the revamped RD look. Yeah it was better than the looks of a CH,but that really ain't saying much.

I think the RD hood looks just fine from the outside. Sittin' in the driver' seat is where it sucks. Can't stand the sloped hood hidin' all but the ears on the dog...!! Give me the original R hood any day..!

"If it ain't got a motor, I ain't interested.!!"

I ended buying 3 Legend RD in december. We don't need any of those but couldnt pass the chance. One would have been enuff, but we didnt want the 3 trucks being separated because they've been together since new.

We will watch this auction, and our registration have been sent long ago ;)

Were your 3 RDs new or used? Mileage?

Original R hood any day :twothumbsup: Can an after market original R hood be put on an RD without to much trouble. The RD looks good

as a dump or rolloff but awful as a tractor.

No. The RD cab is squared off at the cowl like a Superliner. And that's too bad, cuz I'd do it if owned an RD.

I'm trying to figure out why the federal excise tax is due. This truck must have been sold by a dealer in Canada. Only thing I can figger out.

If it was purchased for off road use and never titled I don't think they could charge the excise tax. I remember Tom Farland of the former F&W Mack telling me a similar story about a large bunch of DM's that he had sold to Mannatt's .They had used them a few years as site trucks,then later needed to put some on the road,and had to cough up the tax once they titled them.

• Like 1