How's the Weather?

other dog

I'm just sitting here wondering what to do. I've got a load of lumber at the shop going to Gallipolis, Ohio. I checked the weather for Gallipolis on the interweb machine- high tomorrow around 20 with a 90%chance of snow, 3-5 inches. I shouldn't have any problem getting there today, but tomorrow's a different issue. I'll probably have to go a long ways empty to reload anything, that's not an area we usually run.

Jeff said he didn't care what I did, leave today or tomorrow. If I wait until tomorrow it might be hard just to get there, nasty weather all over. Before the interweb and the Weather Channel was invented i'd be on the way already...but i'm just sitting here wondering what to do. A load of lumber to Gallipolis Ohio ain't gonna make me or break me...shhhh.....oot.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

-8* F here now.....with nasty winds.....no snow last night but the little bit we got Friday night is drifting aroud pretty good.....

Weather Network screenshot:

post-14397-0-17492700-1424019454_thumb.j

• Like 1

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Came out of Lafayette Indiana last night, laid over at the Valero in Jackson Ohio last night and left at 6 this morning, ice all the way to the Virginia line. Sandstone mountain had I lane partially clear. Can't tell you the number of times I broke traction ( empty) just got in 8 hours from Chilicothe area to Richmond. Wish I had better news

Came out of Lafayette Indiana last night, laid over at the Valero in Jackson Ohio last night and left at 6 this morning, ice all the way to the Virginia line. Sandstone mountain had I lane partially clear. Can't tell you the number of times I broke traction ( empty) just got in 8 hours from Chilicothe area to Richmond. Wish I had better news

Thank you very much, i'm gonna see what tomorrow might bring.

Been debating the same thing myself,i'm going to Louisville,KY then Ferdinand,IN,just not as "gung-ho" to run in shit weather as I was when younger!. Cold as a witches tit here today as well!...........................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Isn't Gallopolis,Ohio where the old hog hauler shot the pinball machine and caused him bad luck. I forgot the name of the song some old timers on here should remember it. Joe D.

Not quite an old timer yet, Joe but I know the song... Pinball Blues by Coleman Wilson I believe.

Gallipolis is just across the river from Point Pleasant, WV. Everybody knows that.

Gregg

• Like 2

Good old song (sad) its called just "Pinball Machine" recorded by Lonnie Irving in 1962. Flip side of the 45 was "Sleeper Cab Blues" pretty sure the one that mentions Galipolis was "Gooseball Brown" also Lonnie Irving I think?..........................................Mark

post-5836-0-73282300-1424049588.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Good old song (sad) its called just "Pinball Machine" recorded by Lonnie Irving in 1962. Flip side of the 45 was "Sleeper Cab Blues" pretty sure the one that mentions Galipolis was "Gooseball Brown" also Lonnie Irving I think?..........................................Mark

Probably right on that... Been awhile since I heard some of those old songs. Used to be a 2-hour show on SiriusXM Road Dog channel just trucking songs. Wish they would bring that back.

Gregg

our weather is unreal 50 sumthin today 20 degrees too warm for this time of year! fruit tree buds are starting to swell,,,,a month too early, last night was the first one below freezing for about the last two weeks. we should have frozen ground and snow! but the grass is starting to grow and my field of tritacalie is turning green, if winter returns i'm screwed!!!!!!! i guess i will be a cattle rancher, not a orchardist. if winter reappears.

Cold up here this Presidents Day. header.png

sct.png

Fair

-10°F

-23°C

• Humidity51%
  • Wind SpeedW 10 G 17 mph
  • Barometer29.88 in
  • Dewpoint-24°F (-31°C)
  • Visibility10.00 mi
  • Wind Chill-28°F (-33°C)

Last Update on 16 Feb 6:55 am EST Guess I'll talk a short snow shoe just to see how the deer and turkeys are doing then B line it back to the house!

Still here- calling for 6-12 inches here today and tonight, 12-18 inches across W.V. I called headquarters to see what they wanted me to do. Jeff said "you should have left yesterday." That's not what he said yesterday. Well, maybe I should have- then i'd probably be stuck up the road somewhere now. Then Todd got on the phone and said

"don't worry about it, that lumber is no big deal, besides I don't know if they can even get a forklift running to unload it, cold as it is- it's that time of year and nothing we can do about it- stay home!"

I just checked the weather for Gallipolis today, now they're calling for 5-8 inches. Was 3-5 yesterday.

• Like 2

Pushing 100" of snow this season in Boston. Maybe over that here already as we are typically in the "Sweet Spot" for snow fall regularly. I've got a big snow blower and the piles are getting high enough that I may not be able to put it on top soon...Snow tonight and tomorrow with another "big" storm potentially next weekend...All this global warming is getting too deep. I'm expecting polar bears to break out any time now.