Bought an old dog today

That old chevy is a 74 bought it rustfree in Montana 10 miles south of the canadian border got really lucky a truck was coming down from Canada going right through the town it was in got it hauled here for 700 bucks I probably couldn't have drove there for that let alone back again. The exporters were at the auction today too they were buying all the semi tractors I told one guy the truck didn't have power steering he said where the truck was going to be sent he didn't care it was going to be sent to Africa I feel pretty good that I saved it from a slow death.

• Like 1

Nice RS700L does it have a name on the horn button. there is a grain company ( Hanenkratt Grain Co.) in Monticello, IN. that bought one just like that one new, short wheelbase, Dayton wheels, 237, 5 speed, 4.17 rears on camelback. I think the one they had was a 75.

• Like 1

That's it, the number on the fender gave it away, they took real good care of there trucks, they had all Macks until the mid 2000s then they bought Freight Shakers. Brown Farms out of Lafayette,IN bought it from them and they kept it looking nice. then I saw it in the Indiana Auto&Rv for I think $ 6500.00 a few years back. I was always wondering what happen to it, I am glad you saved it from the exporters. good luck.

Re: Company name on the horn center. I know that Mack "CF" fire trucks had "Custom Built For "XYZ" Fire Department" on the horn center. Did Mack do this for commercial trucks if it knew who

the buyer would be? I always thought that it was a nice touch.

bulldogboy

Re: Company name on the horn center. I know that Mack "CF" fire trucks had "Specially Built For "XYZ" Fire Department" on the horn center. Did Mack do this for commercial trucks if it knew who

buyer would be? I always thought that it was a nice touch.

bulldogboy

Yes, it is done for commercial trucks also if the customer was known at the time of the build.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

It has the cleanest engine compartment by far of all the trucks I looked over I couldn't buy any of the others until I was sure I wasn't going to get this one and it worked out for the better. The 1971 RS700L lowboy tractor I drove in the 80s had this truck custom built for John Yazel on the horn button as well as the R models Harry Kuhn had all read this truck custom built for Harry W. Kuhn..

Edited by ranchhopper