Tore Up Tuesday

rsb502

Saw this on the way back to the yard tonight. Some guy lost a set of anhydrous tanks and one was leaking. I made the mistake

of having my window down a little bit when I went by. Holy sh*t, cleared my nose out for awhile!

That shit will kill you before you realize you cant breath and its just sitting there leaking with nobody there to block the road, nobody there with flashing lights, nobody there to pump the tank down, wtf man?

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

That shit will kill you before you realize you cant breath and its just sitting there leaking with nobody there to block the road, nobody there with flashing lights, nobody there to pump the tank down, wtf man?

It had just happened. The guy was ok and was standing there with somebody as I drove by. They were away from the wreck.

Cops came out and shut the road down a few minutes later. I was at the shop for about two hours after that and when I went

home (accident was a couple miles from the house) the road was still closed. You aren't kidding though, I got one wiff of that

sh*t and it was potent, nothing to mess around with.

Nothing to mess with, I still cant believe they let farmers drag that shit around in those tank trailers. Notice that when fireand ems arrive they stay clear till they have their sba's on and then approach, what he should have done, sucks but most folks dont know this about ammonia.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

what caused the machine to stop

The dumba$$ running it decided to bail off in a hole, then swung the cab to the downhill side and the water reached the computer, shutting it down. That's the best I can figure. It had been a boat anchor for two months or better the first time I saw it. He could have patched the hole in the levee before he crossed it. I have no idea why he didn't.

Jake

This is the very vid that I was about to go look for but you had already posted it. When I was still Asst Chief with my county's Haz-Mat team we responded to a leaking nurse tank along a State Highway. I made the choice to go into the scene from the down wind side to chase down a truck driver & and another motorist who, unknowingly, drove into the scene just after it happened before people were in place to shut down the highway. I stopped the truck, got the driver in my car and turned the motorist around, then stopped at a home to confirm no one was there. The motorists refused treatment at the ambulance and the truck driver checked out okay. I didn't fair quite as well. I felt the burn on in my throat & chest, very minor, but it was there & now will always be there with me in the form of the emergency inhaler that I keep with me. I don't regret it though, if I hadn't done it we would have likely had 3 fatalities that day.

This is a professionally made training video. The scene was staged but it will happen just like that.

This is the complete training video:

Yes very nasty stuff anhydrous has been used as a refridgerent in our apple storage rooms, long story short had a shell n tube condenser fail putting ammonia into the looped water side of the condenser, well guess who was in charge of removing the old loop system and was not informed of the failure, so at a temp of 95f inside the building when I cut thru the 6in. pipe holding the contamanated mix of water and ammonia hit the floor and again became a gas was not good. I hopped on the running forklift next to me and floored it with it pointed in the general direction of the door made it outside sat next to the building for a while trying to breathe normally felt like a big hose clamp around my chest, (not cool) had a few words with management about the whole thing, let's say they weren't ready to meet Jesus yet and I got better info. on what was being done!

This was in Old Bethpage L.I. yesterday. First drive to the camp site. Slight turn in the road, Broke a pole with high voltage feed, a sign and 4 trees. Just short of rolling over. The newly retired couple "just purchased it a few days ago"

post-3242-0-46312300-1399394021.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Well, for tore up Tuesday I don't think it gets much more tore up than this.

I have seen cabs on dump trucks crushed, covered in asphalt and pelted with rocks, but to crush a cab 25 feet off the ground is a new one for me, damn good cylinder though.

First thing I'm gonna do (after changing my shorts of course) is to write Fontaine,and tell them what a damn good fifth-wheel they make!..............................................Mark

Damn....

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy