Tore Up Tuesday

rsb502

kinda thought snap binders were a No No in recent years with the DOT? least I know we don't use them when moving Dozers or lifts. Ratchet binders can be a pita if you go to use them and he last guy only loosened them enough to get the thing unhooked then threw it in he box, especially when your in a hurry. I like the ratchet binders with the hand that folds away myself.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

kinda thought snap binders were a No No in recent years with the DOT? least I know we don't use them when moving Dozers or lifts. Ratchet binders can be a pita if you go to use them and he last guy only loosened them enough to get the thing unhooked then threw it in he box, especially when your in a hurry. I like the ratchet binders with the hand that folds away myself.

I always close my ratchet binders all the way back in. Then they dont rust and always work freely… Only takes a second to hold them out and wind the back out

Only snap binders for me.....i can get em good and tight, despite only weighing 140lbs lol. I luckily have the ability to put the deck on the ground. Cheater bar and everything I got to get em on, my toes from as far away as I can manage to get em off

And that pic of the crane that had a nap, that's funny on the Internet, but when one almost went over on a Site a few weeks back when the ground gave out, different story standing beside the damn thing lol

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

I hauled 2 of these 5 coil loads from Sharon, Pa. back to Lynchburg this week. I used my old "non-real steel hauler" snap binders, as always. I put 2 chains in the front coil and one in each of the other 4, with the chains pulled towards the center, then I threw a strap through them too, just because they're there.

Then I put plastic over them and tarped them.

These coils only weigh between 9 and 10,000 lbs. each, chaining down a big single is a whole different animal.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Of course no one noted the dramatic increase in stopping power with the bed up, looks like stopping distance from 60-0 went from 300+ feet down to 2'. I'd be surprised if he wasn't laying in the road about a hundred yards in front of the truck with a red stripe behind him back to the truck.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

how about the next few videos after that one with the fuckin morans chainin their pickups together and pullin til the tires get smoked off. guess they have more money than I do for rubber

Or like my Daddy used to say "they've got more money than they have sense".

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

grain_zpsf8270891.jpg

Im pretty sure if that was me in my truck I would have cleared the pile when my head exploded and i came out to strangle the life out of the idiot that buried my truck!

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"