Tore Up Tuesday

rsb502

iv called it ventilating the block, putting a window in it, FUBAR, or just blown up.

i do got to give that old toyota credit though when i blew it up i pulled off to the side of the road and then turned the engine off with the key. it was still running and idling after being ventilated. had it towed home and i moved it around a few times under its own power before pulling the engine. iv got a v8 under the hood now but a lot of little things to do to finnish the installation been kinda on the back burner for a while

Many years ago,i was parked in a truckstop,was headed inside to take a shower and eat when a female Schnieder driver approached me said her truck wouldn't start (long enough ago it was an IH cabover with the set-back steer axle) "what's it doing I asked" "won't do ANYTHING she said" when I went to take a look,she handed me something wrapped in a rag she had found under the truck (it was the rod end cap and part of the connecting rod!) " Do you think this is a major problem"? can T/A fix this? "Is this piece important"? I had to laugh! And not that it's important to the story (But for Yardo and myself) I thought I'd mention it was a 60 series Detroit that blew up!................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Hey Larry, this was the crank and blower drive from our 392 Fuel engine in 1972. 90% Nitro Methane @ 6000 r.p.m. Those are the biggest pieces left :)

post-3242-0-41037600-1424973510_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Reminds me of the time back in the 70's I was pumping gas at a full service Mobil service station just off the throughway in Buffalo, NY. Late at night a woman pulls in in a new Olds 98. Engine is hot as a firecracker, nearly glowing, smoking, seized up. She says "the oil light has been on for a while." I says "how long?" She says "since about Erie, PA." You just can't make this stuff up...

• Like 2

Reminds me of the time back in the 70's I was pumping gas at a full service Mobil service station just off the throughway in Buffalo, NY. Late at night a woman pulls in in a new Olds 98. Engine is hot as a firecracker, nearly glowing, smoking, seized up. She says "the oil light has been on for a while." I says "how long?" She says "since about Erie, PA." You just can't make this stuff up...

did you grow up in that area grayhair.

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Hey Larry, this was the crank and blower drive from our 392 Fuel engine in 1972. 90% Nitro Methane @ 6000 r.p.m. Those are the biggest pieces left :)

attachicon.gifcrank.jpg

Mine let got at the top of second gear, 6000 rpm. Bang. Actually never made a mess on the track, all the pieces had stayed attached enough. Did get a few pieces handed to me by spectators though.

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Took the crew at New York National about 40 minutes to clean the track just before the traps. Left a good trail of oil, parts, fiberglass and Poop.

Lucky the scatter shield held, you could have lost you feet! Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 weeks later...

Big Ballz!

At least he has eye protection and a hard hat :)

click pic!!

post-3242-0-39830200-1427252192_thumb.jp

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

Good thing that wasn't in the U.S.A. we would be getting more new laws for "our own good"

P.T.CHESHIRE

I stopped at the Mack garage in Erie yesterday and driving around the building I saw three Penndot trucks there and one had a bunch of stuff in front of it that looked like insulation. Down a little bit was a reefer sitting and I thought I bet the driver hit the snowplow bracket on it. I went inside and pretty soon one of those non English speaking people came in and was trying to tell the parts manager he hit a truck. I didn't look at it but they showed me a picture and said he ripped it open about 3/4 of the way. I guess Volvo didn't put mirrors on the right side that.

I stopped at the Mack garage in Erie yesterday and driving around the building I saw three Penndot trucks there and one had a bunch of stuff in front of it that looked like insulation. Down a little bit was a reefer sitting and I thought I bet the driver hit the snowplow bracket on it. I went inside and pretty soon one of those non English speaking people came in and was trying to tell the parts manager he hit a truck. I didn't look at it but they showed me a picture and said he ripped it open about 3/4 of the way. I guess Volvo didn't put mirrors on the right side that.

Gee nuestro pequeño bebé es niño adulto, carro de cabra de quitanieves en 2 semanas :thumb:

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE