Pics of First Mack you drove

While this isn't the 1st Mack that I drove it is from the same era. The first Mack I drove was a 1975 Cruiseliner with an (I believe) ENDT 866 & a 5 speed. Not only was it the 1st Mack that I drove, it was the first licensed vehicle of any kind I had ever driven at age 14. When I see the pic of Mike H's red Cruiselner it puts me in mind of Unit 350 which was the number of the truck. The one pictured is 360. 330 was a V8/5speed powered R700 that was purchased along with the V8 Cruiseliner, 350 then 360 & 361 were I6/5speeds. This began several years of Cruiseliner purchases at Parrish Leasing. When all was said and done we had been through 26 Cruiseliners before going to MH613's. Many of the Cruiseliners were kitted into R Models & early CH600 gliders and the donor's where scrapped.

post-45-0-38933300-1392325664_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Out of likes,Marcel! But that F Model is cool.......not to mention the places you travelled with it,man!

We had all kinds of trucks in our trips rolling in convoy, and the f model never any mechanic issues. Trucks like DAF, Mercedes always had issues. I run with guys from Switzerland that run KW K100 and where the lonely survives on those trips.

Al,believe it or not,that visor is a genuine Austrailian import! I had a copy of "Truckin'Life" magazine back then, where they were for sale. We ordered it and it came in a giant crate about a month later. Pop liked it because it cut down on a lot of the glare on the windshield,and helped keep the cab a (little) cooler in the non-airconditioned cab!...................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Swapped between a 1998 RD690 e7 400 12speed pure bred dump. Red with matching red elliptical box. First elliptical box with high lift gate from Henderson. My other ride was a 1998 Cl700 E7 454. 289inch wheel base day cab tractor with 20k front and cheater. 18 Speed pure bred. Miss that job. The CL would pull the cat 345BL like it wasn't even there.

We had all kinds of trucks in our trips rolling in convoy, and the f model never any mechanic issues. Trucks like DAF, Mercedes always had issues. I run with guys from Switzerland that run KW K100 and where the lonely survives on those trips.

Marcel you were going to post pics of your Middle East runs. I would love to see them.

Rob

Cool Jim. I like the gear shift extension. Old school cool. The steering wheel is interesting too.

Rob

The best thing about this forum, everyone has their own opinion of things. I completely dislike that shifter knob. That was one of my favorite things about all of our 5 speed R Models. The straight stick & knob. It was easy to work around when you need to get stuff in & out of the cab & it was far enough out of the way that you never had to worry about it banging your arm when you were on rough roads and the stick & cab were shaking in opposite directions.

Had a wheel like that on the '79 when I bought it,Jim. My cousin wanted it because he was a "plus" size,and didn't like the black stripe on his shirt everyday! I found an old FS cabover at a boneyard,and bought the,you guessed it,the WHITE steering wheel and installed it in my R!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA