The week in pics: Southeastern Pennsylvania Winter Ice Storm

1958 F.W.D.

This is why approx. 1.5 million folks in the Philadelphia suburbs and southeastern Pa. lost power on Wednesday. Some are still not back online and may not see any juice until late tomorrow or Monday. Many power crews from as far away as Chicago, Canada, Alabama and Mississippi are in the area helping out..

post-1729-0-26507500-1391917833_thumb.jp

post-1729-0-75537400-1391917834_thumb.jp

post-1729-0-90261500-1391917835_thumb.jp

post-1729-0-63500300-1391917836_thumb.jp

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

that should be enough to make some fire wood, and make you regutter the house. sounds like we might get the same early next week as we come out of the deep freeze and transition to above freezing temps. going to be a damn mess if forecast is right

We normally end up with ice here in TN but so far we have lucked out where Im at, everything has been above the I40 corridor. You could almost use I 40 as a line across TN and see where the snow and ice have been very little south of that line this year, just freakin bitter cold for this area, ive lived here my whole life and I cant remember a winter with as many below freezing days in a row as this year. It sucks, I am not a cold weather animal, I like it around 80, anything under 65 and I start looking for jackets and hoodies.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Mother Nature has been unmerciful to you folks in the east this year. Hopefully the weather will improve to "normal" winter soon.

Help is definitely on the way. I saw probably 100 or so of out of town power trucks running east over the course of 3 nights this week.

Jim

That shit ice may brake alot.

We here hadn't so violant to loose the power for a long while although I got my car's windshield cracked during defrosting it.

Started the engine and put the blower in min when system was cold and stayed it for an hour to warm gentle. Broke down nevertheless.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Yeah, this is the one thing I dread about winter the most.

I absolutely loathe the cold.

Like 84Superdog, I do well in 80 degrees.

We were without juice for a day and a half; lucky by the looks of the general area.

Trees and limbs and scattered debris everywhere.

A neighbor's limb fell onto the rear of a Porsche I had parked in our driveway.

I spent the better part of two days cleaning up the mess. I have multiple cuts from clearing out all the snow/ice/glass/twigs/needles/bark, and I was wearing gloves.

Slipped on the ice and cut/bruised my right shin, cut my wrist in two places, hit my head on the side of the car as I went down, then hit the back of my head on the ice on the ground. I almost passed out, but realized I was in a bad place where I wouldn't be found for a while. Hypothermia is not my thing.

I'm awaiting an insurance adjuster to come out and pay the claim so I can replace the shattered glass.

Looking at the bright side (!), it only took out the glass. If it had been parked a foot further rearward, it would have surely done in the roof.

There's probably three cords of firewood in my yard and the next-door neighbor's. Shame it's all pine and fir; terrible for anything other than kindling.

I still hear chain saws every day since Wednesday.

Did I say I hate this shit?

LOL!!! Im always amused by folks who complain about the cold but yet they live in a northern climate. Go figure

The ONLY thing that is keeping me and the wife here in Pa. is my parents- who will not move. Believe me when I say (respectfully) that whoever kicks the bucket last (mom or dad....) the second we lower the casket into the ground, my wife will be on the real estate pages looking at properties in the Fayetteville/Wilmington NC areas.......!!!!!!!!

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Just got home with my wife from visiting our son at college.He's out in Emmitsburg MD at Mount Saint Marys.Had snow all the way home.Rt 15 wasn't that bad, but the PA Pike was the worse I have ever seen it.It was really bad from Downingtown to the Philly exit where I got off.Seen alot of plows in the up position when they should have been plowing.Here at the house we have a good 2".Can't wait for spring.

I DESPISE the cold, but everything I enjoy doing is right here in NE Ohio.

I've traveled all over this land, but for some reason I like to come back here. No matter how much I hate the cold. Maybe when I get retirement age I will be more wiling to move?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Mother Nature has been unmerciful to you folks in the east this year. Hopefully the weather will improve to "normal" winter soon.

Help is definitely on the way. I saw probably 100 or so of out of town power trucks running east over the course of 3 nights this week.

What's "normal" anymore? When it's warm and no snow everyone says we don't get real winters anymore, and when it's cold and snowy everyone complains and says it's unbearable!

I've lived in central ny all my nearly 40 years and right now spring never sounded so good. But coming through a winter like this sorta like a badge of honor, and makes for some good memories when you're sitting on the deck this summer with a cold Heineken!

We normally end up with ice here in TN but so far we have lucked out where Im at, everything has been above the I40 corridor. You could almost use I 40 as a line across TN and see where the snow and ice have been very little south of that line this year, just freakin bitter cold for this area, ive lived here my whole life and I cant remember a winter with as many below freezing days in a row as this year. It sucks, I am not a cold weather animal, I like it around 80, anything under 65 and I start looking for jackets and hoodies.

I have purposely put off going to meet with folks that work for me in Cookeville because of the weather.

Walked out of my house early last week to catch a flight to St. Louis... Suit jacket was all I brought with me because it was a day hop. Landed in St. Louis and it was 3 degrees out. Froze my ass off that day. For a guy who spent 28 years in NY that was just plain dumb.

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

What's "normal" anymore? When it's warm and no snow everyone says we don't get real winters anymore, and when it's cold and snowy everyone complains and says it's unbearable!

I've lived in central ny all my nearly 40 years and right now spring never sounded so good. But coming through a winter like this sorta like a badge of honor, and makes for some good memories when you're sitting on the deck this summer with a cold Heineken!

Normal is those temps that the weatherman shows to make you feel worse because it's nowhere near that. I think they pull those numbers out of there ass..er..."high pressure systems".

Jim