White Trucks

james j neiweem

How about some pictures and information on White motor corporation Trucks. In the day they were a big competitor of Mack, There were just as many

White 9000's around as B-61's. They made a lot of there own components. They were plentiful in the Midwest east and south. They may have outsold

Mack for a few years. For such a large corporation there isn't much info on the net. They were large enough to buyout Sterling, Diamond-t Autocar,

Reo and Euclid. I know Volvo wiped out there trucks. Did they wipe out their history also.

There was a 69 White 9000 for sale down the road from the old Dixie truckers home in Mclean, IL. last year for $ 2,000, didn't look too bad. has a 250 cummins, 10 speed roadranger, velvet ride suspension. the guy said it had around 100000 total miles.

drove a bunch of 9000,s mustangs,,and road bosses,,in the 70,s really liked the road boss,s my favorite...great tractor...220 cummings road ranger 10...air start...excellent was brand new in 1976 when i had it...bob....i would also like to see more info on them...but probably wont hear much...on this site.lol.bob

who ever done that needs a kick in the azz it looked like it could have been restored if the cab wasn't in too bad shape

see what you mean...some people are just braindead...what a waste... bubble nose white...real hard to find...(IDIOTS)...bob

Here is a White 3000 tandem axle tanker that sat alone in the weeds for decades.

image_10.jpg

Then someone found it with a excavator and smashed the hell out of it. They haven't even sold it for scrap, it's been sitting like this for months now.

10040537555_dafa1297ec_b.jpg

Go get those front hub caps, somebody could use those, the rest of it is pretty much screwed.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I grew up seeing a lot of 3000s on the road. They were ubiquitous. I really liked that style and it takes me back to my childhood whenever I see one at a show.

Real shame about that one that was attacked by an excavator. Whoever did that should be tortured.

Yes mackdaddy,the White Archives were donated by Volvo to the ATHS. From what I heard,it was either ATHS H.Q.'s or a dumpster! They (Volvo) really had "no use for them". I am not a huge White Truck fan,but come on,"no use for them?" The history!! I think there are on the upwards of 10,000 photos alone! A treasure, for sure!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Yes mackdaddy,the White Archives were donated by Volvo to the ATHS. From what I heard,it was either ATHS H.Q.'s or a dumpster! They (Volvo) really had "no use for them". I am not a huge White Truck fan,but come on,"no use for them?" The history!! I think there are on the upwards of 10,000 photos alone! A treasure, for sure!

No shit? Volvo had no interest in the history of a great American truck builder? I'm having trouble wrapping my head around that one!

• Like 2

Jim

Here are a couple of shots of a 1966 4564 TD. NH-250 Cummins, RT-910 Roadranger and Whites Velvet Ride suspension. I think the rears were Rockwell 38,000 lb. I drove this truck out of Geneva NY. A few years later I was the terminal mgr in Rochester NY and the Geneva terminal was under me. One of the guys was headed to Phelps NY in same truck when some guy in an International straight job reefer came bouncing over RR tracks at a high rate of speed, lost control and nailed our guy head on. Driver smashed out rear window as both doors were jammed shut-you can see cab roof was hammered down. Engine compartment caught fire-close call. We had a lot of 4564 tandems and also ran a bunch of 9000 single axles. good trucks. And the Velvet Ride (patented name-Willets Suspension) was an exclusive with White but never caught on in industry.post-1625-0-06746900-1392005575_thumb.jppost-1625-0-83291400-1392005549_thumb.jp