F-Model Aerodyne?

Mark nice picture. I had a 77 F-Model 300 5 speed tandem. It was a good truck cab was solid. While on the F-Model subject does anyone know why the F-Model was never made out of aluminum ? I know the Western F'S had some aluminum cab parts. It sure would have been nice if all aluminum. Joe D.

There were in fact all aluminum (including frame rails) Hayward (Western) F-Models. My father owned a Hayward single screw, 300/5-Speed with a Rockwell 2-speed rear, but on a steel foundation. If anyone who regularly attends Macungie remembers the Hayward F-Model from Wisconsin I think.....It's white with purple fenders- that's a true all aluminum F-Model. I have not seen him at Macungie for at least 3-4 years I think. I always make it a point to look over his truck closely. The frame is an inch and a half thick- looks monstrous.

And the "Aerodyne" F-Models were popular in the European market- Mack's plant in the Netherlands produced a pile of them. I belong to a bunch of foreign Mack groups on Facebook and there are tons of Mack pics of equipment from all over the world. Twin steer F-Models were especially popular in Australia.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Leon, let me help you, I have alot of Dutch Mack pictures in my computer.

The last one seems to me as an American one.

The gold and white F model (with flat bed trailer attached) was a Mack test truck. It belongs to Jay - fixit4162,

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Randy,that purple/white FL belongs to Andy Martin of Wilton,Wis.He shows it quite a bit around the Midwest during the show season.Aussies, correct me if I'm wrong.didn't :mack1:produce( or have had locally made) an all fiberglass F cab for you guys?

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

The F models in the Netherlands where popular because in the 70 and 80 they drove them to the Middle East and back example Rotterdam to Bahrain with pumps and other oilfield needs. I did drive my self one and that's why I fell in love with mack. I drove a tandem f700 with raised roof all over Europe and Middle East and never failed me.

• Like 1

The F models in the Netherlands where popular because in the 70 and 80 they drove them to the Middle East and back example Rotterdam to Bahrain with pumps and other oilfield needs. I did drive my self one and that's why I fell in love with mack. I drove a tandem f700 with raised roof all over Europe and Middle East and never failed me.

Have you any pictures of those your trips?

There are some of in the net, some were posted on here also.

Looks like you have been crossing wild lands by the way.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 2 weeks later...

this last mack the white and mustard colored one had a blower on it it was supposed to have been used around some feed mill as it is a dry product blower that was on it .. the truck has a 5 speed and is a factory aerodyne.. I helped a friend of mine from KY bring it home from ohio in a storm what a adventure that was ..

Have you any pictures of those your trips?

There are some of in the net, some were posted on here also.

Looks like you have been crossing wild lands by the way.

I have to dig in to my boxes. Let me look if I can find some. I can tell you that my last trips where in the mid to end of the 80's. I have made the last trips with a 1980 Scania 141 v8post-11018-0-08730800-1388511612_thumb.j

That is why love V8 engines from Scania and mack

I have to dig in to my boxes. Let me look if I can find some. I can tell you that my last trips where in the mid to end of the 80's. I have made the last trips with a 1980 Scania 141 v8attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That is why love V8 engines from Scania and mack

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...!!!!!

droooooooolllll....

Scanny LB141....

my era too.... just can't find one at the right price to import to n america

would be great to twin up with my E9-500 MH613

BC Mack

post-10384-0-14177100-1388538093_thumb.j

Marcel you gotta post some pics of your Middle East runs. I bet you have some stories to tell.

Rob

Marcel...

bring on the M/E tales of TAP line sand and avoiding Tonkas in the snow of Tahir

worthy of a new thread...!!!!!

you have RFC Drum and me spellbound...

ever meet up with the Macks of OHS..??

there is a VERY big thread of Astran / ME guys here if you need to spend some time going through it...

http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13629

BC Mack

post-10384-0-84895500-1388630780_thumb.j