"Albert" Wins Best in Show Award at Philly Muster

fxfymn

Nice Truck Albert, but But was is the total of the resto from start to finish? Is it something that most people can afford to do? I am in the same position with a couple of thr cf's that I have/ I am being told it's not worth spending tens of thousands restoring a truck that is only worth $ 10,000 or less. Whats your opinion? Take care, and again GREAT looking truck..

George

not withstanding ,we did go overboard on the resto, but I wanted a Fire Engine that was going to be dependable ,etc. and I was only going to do 1 truck at that time,

(since then if I see a good 'R' model the 'L' might have a friend). And also it what YOU want, and yes I'll never get the $ back we have into the rig ,but that's fine.....

"Nice Truck Albert, but But was is the total of the resto from start to finish? Is it something that most people can afford to do? I am in the same position with a couple of thr cf's that I have/ I am being told it's not worth spending tens of thousands restoring a truck that is only worth $ 10,000 or less. Whats your opinion? Take care, and again GREAT looking truck..

George"

This topic is probably worth a separate post, but in a nutshell you will never, ever, get what you put into a truck out of it. That is why you are always better off to buy the best truck you can find, even if it costs two or three times what the average rig is going for.

My analogy is that owning an antique truck is like owning a boat. Buy it, enjoy it, but don't ever plan on getting your money out of it.

Most professional restorations start at $50K on the low end and usually go north of $100K unless the very minimal amount of work is needed. My experience is that unless the truck is a rare and desirable model you can expect to get about 30% of the money you spent if you sell the truck after restoration.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Nice truck, very few left in that condition, excellent resto.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"