'59 El Camino plus boat

cfesting

Oy! to each his own,but in my opinion the 59 (anything) is the ugliest car ever made! LOL!..............................................Mark

Are you including the 59 Cadillac? According to caddy people the most desirable Caddy ever made.

Neat looking combo!

I think it looks better on the road than in the water though.

By the word, Why does the boat have RHD ??

Vlad,

By RHD do you mean...right hand drive? If so, all boats in US are RHD - don't know why. I am sure some "nautical" person knows the answer.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

In a boat, the rotation of the propeller causes the right side of the boat to raise and lowers the left. So if the operator sits on the left, it makes the lean angle worse. Sitting on the high side helps to balance the boat out.

If you take a large girl along however, that shoots that idea.

• Like 1

In a boat, the rotation of the propeller causes the right side of the boat to raise and lowers the left. So if the operator sits on the left, it makes the lean angle worse. Sitting on the high side helps to balance the boat out.

Why not change the rotation design of the prop? or does it relate to engine rotation? Or was it designed my a person from Jolly Ole England?

Ken

Everyone has their favorites,and I've always been a "dye in the wool" GM man,but in my opinion,the best looking car ever made is the Supercharged 1936 Cord 812, way ahead of its time in both looks,performance and features......................................Mark

post-5836-0-20471300-1385426897_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Just no real comparison between the two!.................................Mark

Don't know whether this was just a rumor or not but I'd always heard that the New York State Police bought a bunch of '59 Chevys and much

to the their disappointment found that at very high speeds they would actually tend to lift in the rear end.

Ron

:SMOKIE-RT:

There WAS that tendency. A guy I knew in High School had one,and he said he learned a couple of "tricks" that solved that problem. He never would tell anyone what he did,but from the percentage of races he won,they worked. (Built 348 TriPower,4 speed) For the record,I like ANY Cadillac built before '71,and my all time favorite GM car is the '58 Pontiac Bonneville,with a stick,not an automatic. (I like '58 Chevies a lot,too.)

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Don't know whether this was just a rumor or not but I'd always heard that the New York State Police bought a bunch of '59 Chevys and much

to the their disappointment found that at very high speeds they would actually tend to lift in the rear end.

Ron

1959 and 1960 Chevys were both that way - big fins. I heard the same...rear would lift at high speeds.

The boat would have a "built-in" speed limiter.

Ken

Ron

Nassau County had 16 of these 1959 's classed as pursuit cars, 283 with fuel injection, 3 speed with O.D. Sold through Chamberlin Chevrolet. The have one unrestored in the N.C.P.D. museum in Mineola.

post-3242-0-71771400-1385765460_thumb.jp

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

:SMOKIE-RT:

FWIW,and this is what I'd consider "unsubstantiated", I was told by a guy who worked for GM back then that the cars DID tend to have the rear lift-at speeds over 150 mph. They discovered it in the wind tunnel but decided since they were pretty stable at 120 and it was VERY unlikely they'd be goung fast enough to encounter the instability problem problem,they went ahead and put 'em on the road.

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>