All-around Rookie

FayettesFinest

Hi, everybody! I'm Jim. New to the site and the trucking industry...for the most part. My dad and uncle had trucks while I was growing up, but they both got out of it when I was fairly young. Me and dad just acquired a Mack and now I'm here, lol. Currently working on getting my CDLs, took my DOT physical yesterday. The truck is a '73 R600, currently has a 237 with a spun bearing, 6spd, Tulsa winch, flatbed with rolling tailboard, single axle, dual, straight pipe exhaust, and no rust! Not a bad deal for $3,000. Now since we have the truck, I'm going to become a driver and a mechanic. So, I'm hoping you guys can help me along.

Being in the process of getting your CDL's is like sitting on death row...

:WELCOME: sounds like you got a nice reliable truck. Pictures are a requirement!

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, our family always run R models. They seem to be one of the tougher trucks out there, and the mechanical Mack motors will take just about anything you throw at them. I'll definitely get some pictures up within the next few days, possibly tonight, depending on if I have any on my phone. I need to get the pictures up because the truck was a definite steal for $3k!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Yeah, I've still got a lot to learn, so hopefully this is a good place to start.

Hey, it is a good thing to be learning. I'm still trying to learn something. It is getting more difficult though, cause everybody is walking around with their smart phones, being too busy to talk to a real live person. And I don't have one of those contraptions yet.

mike

Hey, it is a good thing to be learning. I'm still trying to learn something. It is getting more difficult though, cause everybody is walking around with their smart phones, being too busy to talk to a real live person. And I don't have one of those contraptions yet.

mike

I'm 22 years old, don't have my CDLs...yet, and I've never really done any major repairs to anything this big, so I've got a whole world of knowledge that needs pounded into me. I've played with pickup trucks, but I've already noticed that these are two different worlds. I've got a smart phone, but I never seem to find what I'm looking for on there.... I hate smart phones, lol

First thing you need to do is contact Don Schumacher at the Mack Museum- access his email through the Museum's portal off the Mack corporate website. Send him an email with the serial number of your truck, and in 8-10 weeks you will receive a large and very heavy package via UPS. It will be heavy because it will contain all of the factory records for your truck, plus engine, driveline and frame/body manuals. (several hundred pages each.) For this, thou shalt send the Mack Museum a nice donation- DONT BE CHEAP.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Yeah, I've still got a lot to learn, so hopefully this is a good place to start.

Possibly one of the best places to start.....

Welcome

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....