Two more additions to Jumperandson's growing collection of weirdo truck projects....

JumperAndSon

You can never have too many projects,Ben! Ha-ha! Interesting trucks,for sure.Is the cab on the Diamond,fiberglass? A buddy of mine had one of those that was fiberglass.If I hadn't looked at it with my own eyes,I would have never believed it.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Yea I love the Diamond Reo. It does have the fiberglass cab and it also has a very large plate on each side of the frame from the back of the cab all the way to the spring shackles just for extra support. It is extremely heavy duty for it's size so it will make an awesome hauler. And the best part is my dad thinks it's ugly so he won't mind selling it to me as soon as I get the money :twothumbsup:

Ben

• Like 1
post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

You don't see many of those Diamond Reo cabovers, I know where there is one of them just like it sitting. Don't know if it can be bought. Wouldn't mind it for a future project. What would one of those be powered with? And what would it be worth?

I lie the crew cab IH too, I also know where a couple 12v71's are hiding to drop in there.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

didn't IH use a step side bed on the pickup truck with that cab back in the day? That would be cool to make a slightly larger step side pickup style bed with the round fenders to cover the duals on the back.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Haha I'm glad you guys like them. We are actually quite limited by engine bay size in both of them. Since there are going to be 6 of us in the IH when we're on vacation, we cant have a huge doghouse in the cab. So we are hoping to get a 6V or 8V71 with Allison automatic to put in there and we are more than likely going to put the body on a different frame to be a little safer because the old split wheels and manual hydraulic brakes (with single cylinder master) and like 5:57 rear axle, it will just be easier to put it on a newer medium duty chassis.

The Diamond Reo is even more limited in the engine compartment. Based on the configuration, the engine bay is no beer than 30 inches wide, about 30 inches high, and maybe like 5 inches long. plus the shift linkage runs right through it. I was originally planning on putting our 4-71N in there but there is absolutely no way that will ever fit in there. I can't even fit a 6v53 in there because that motor is too wide. So I am limited to a 4-53T. But at 185HP and 450Ft.-Lbs, that should be just fine.

We are currently really busy with putting all of the flooring in a Best Western that is becoming a Holiday Inn Express. We have very tough deadlines to meet and we are working 8 - 12 hours a day 6 or 7 days a week to complete it. The project is on it's final stages though so as soon as we are done with it, we will hopefully start working on the International. As for me and the Diamond Reo, I have finish paying my dad back for the purchase of my pickup truck and then buy the COE from him and then I will begin working on it in short order. I am really hoping to have it by my 16th birthday (June 19th) so I can begin hauling scrap immediately.

Updates to come! :banana:

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

You don't see many of those Diamond Reo cabovers, I know where there is one of them just like it sitting. Don't know if it can be bought. Wouldn't mind it for a future project. What would one of those be powered with? And what would it be worth?

I used to see a 190 International with a cab like that sitting at Mt. Savage refractories in Curwensville, Pa. but I haven't been there for several years.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

UPDATE! My parents have decided that two rows of seats just isn't enough room for us for vacations so the crew cab won't work. Don't argue with that. What that means is that the IH can become anything imaginable. The plan is still on for the Diamond Reo, I just gotta get some money first. More to come!

Ben