1971 RS 700L @ Auction in Ohio 11/16/2013

fxfymn

Here is the link to the complete auction. Lots of other Macks (MHV8, Fs, Bs, and Hs) and trailers listed (no pics). It is marked on my calendar (note to self...do not take checkbook or credit card).

http://georgeromanauctioneers.com/auctions.asp?aid=979

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Don't you wonder why the auction company doesn't post pictures? Sounds like it is a collectors dispersal sale. Anybody here recognize the list of trucks?

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Here is the link to the complete auction. Lots of other Macks (MHV8, Fs, Bs, and Hs) and trailers listed (no pics). It is marked on my calendar (note to self...do not take checkbook or credit card).

http://georgeromanauctioneers.com/auctions.asp?aid=979

UPDATE - pics have been added to the sale bill. But they seem disorganized with incorrect titles.

Ken

These trucks are from Dick Best's collection. He died last year. Great guy. He had a lot of trucks. My parents were out to his place about 10 years ago. He bought a Magnum MH new which George Tackaberry now owns. He had three Mack Jr's. I wonder how his family decided to sell these trucks and if they are keeping the rest. Did anyone notice that the serial number plate on the B61 is on the driver's door? Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Who is going to attend this auction on Saturday? I plan to be there, just to look and touch. Mrs. Farmer may be with me so I am 99.99% sure I will NOT bid on anything. But I am likin' the white F and blue B. But then again, there are the RD bucket truck and CF pumper....decisions decisions. :whistling:

Does anyone know if there will be parts auctioned or just complete trucks? I did not see anything on the sale bill about parts.

Ken