Mack RS797 On CL Boston area

TozziWelding

what do you mean half right? jocko needs a v-8 spare/parts and tbone wanted to fix up a junked parts truck, seems this one fits that category, perhaps they could go halfs and jocko get the motor and tbone get a truck to fix up

Half right as in I think Jocko needs a different truck to fit the bill for what he plans on doing.His A-Car would of been a decent work truck,if he could have run it without the truck Nazi's in Jersey from stopping him.Just my 2 cents...

• Like 1

Hey guys, I'm new to your forum but very interested in this truck. I have a question about the motor that is in it, are the older v8s very difficult to get parts for? If this motor needs a rebuild is it smarter to repower it? I would rather it be stock, just want to know what I'd be up against. If someone here already purchased it I could possibly help by picking it up and or storing it. This thing is really cool to me, I don't want it to slip into the wrong hands! Thanks, Andy

Hey guys, I'm new to your forum but very interested in this truck. I have a question about the motor that is in it, are the older v8s very difficult to get parts for? If this motor needs a rebuild is it smarter to repower it? I would rather it be stock, just want to know what I'd be up against. If someone here already purchased it I could possibly help by picking it up and or storing it. This thing is really cool to me, I don't want it to slip into the wrong hands! Thanks, Andy

The V8's are hard to get parts for,esp. the older ones.This truck would make a better hobby truck to keep original rather than repower and work if possible.

I just got back from looking at it, the cab is shot and the interior is rough. I snapped a couple of pics if anyone wants, she (the seller) has a title. Her father bought it in 84 and was gonna hang a plow on it and put it on the state, but it never happened. Her uncle owns the building and has equipment and can help you drag it onto a lowboy (both him and the seller were real nice people). He has 3 sterlings for sale as well and a 62 auto car.