Brockway "Toughest Truck In The World"

bullhusk

So is the blue one a prototype of a different Brockway?

Almost not experence or contact with Brockways. All the trucks where I grew up were I.H,Mack and AutoCars for heavy trucks. Chevy ,Dodge and Ford for medium duty and Chevy, Divco and I.H. for light duty. Closest Brockways were Fuelers at the NYC Air Ports.

Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul

The blue one in your picture is what went into production as the 527 and 550 low cab forward Huskiteer medium duty truck. Since the picture is with another prototype it is possible that the picture was taken in the Design / Engineering shop. The one that looks like a G model Mack that Daily Diesel posted at the top of the page was appearantly discarded as no one has ever seen one beyond this picture.

The red one is is one of the prototypes assembled to be a new introduction conventional in 1978. When Mack closed the doors in the spring of 1977 that prototype went on to become the Superliner.. There is a whole thread on this truck on the Brockway site and also the Huskidrive site, if anyone knows where it is today it would be Peter Grimm or Tom Millard.

Brocky

Mike

Maybe I am having CRS?? But was thinking there was a yellow Huskiteer fire truck at Mucungie 2012 that said Boyertown on it???

Went back thru my Macungie pictures and did not see it..

Brocky

Bobby

That picture was taken in the Design / Engineering shop. There is a whole series of these pictures over on brockwaytrucks.org with different grilles, bumpers, and headlight combos.

Brocky

Bobby

That picture was taken in the Design / Engineering shop. There is a whole series of these pictures over on brockwaytrucks.org with different grilles, bumpers, and headlight combos.

. Thanks for that info brocky down here in ga never really seen an abundance of brockways .........also just wondering was Detroit kinda the "house" engine for brockways as most I came across down here were Detroit .......again thanks for info will ck out website.........bobby j.

post-17290-0-28400200-1399696955_thumb.j

gudday fellas got reading this Brockway thread never seen one in Australia but they did bring them in at least for 1973 evadently the new owner was pretty happy with his ride and so were UK diesels so happy someone wrote a poem Bruthen is a town in south east Victoria when you start to climb up the great divide thought Brockway blokes might get a laugh seeya

Paul

• Like 1

Bobby J

The original "house engine" was Continental gas..In the mid to late 50's they added Cummins as their first diesel, then in the early to mid 60's Detroits. I do not know when exactly Cats became an option?

Aussie Paul

By the pictures and topics on justoldtrucks.com, Brockways were imported to Australia starting in the 20's and have continued ever since. Ed Edminston of Dubbro is probably the "down under" Brockway expert if you have a way of contacting him.

Brocky

• 5 weeks later...

Paul

That is a very interesting Brockway.. Also looks like it had center point steering?? Wonder how he kept i diesel cool with that small radiator??

Geez I feel bad! I could have gotten answers if I posted it a few months earlier. My good friend Win who drove it for a while just died. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 4 weeks later...