Brockway "Toughest Truck In The World"

bullhusk

That's some truck! I was un-aware you could get a 3408 in a Brockway,or was it added later? be one hell of a combo if so!............................................Mark

I followed this truck on ritchie bros auction. It was originally a detroit 8v92 designated m761. Someone did a heck of a job putting 3408 in there. A bit before my time but word i get is not many early 8v92's went to far so and a 1693 cat wouldnt fit in 761 and v8 did. Awesome pics, mind if i post them on brockway site?

• Like 1

So awesome to see a Brockway pulling that load!

The piece weighed close to 300,000 lbs. loaded on McCord's 300 ton lowboy.

That's some truck! I was un-aware you could get a 3408 in a Brockway,or was it added later? be one hell of a combo if so!............................................Mark

I never asked them, sorta thought it was factory tho.

I followed this truck on ritchie bros auction. It was originally a detroit 8v92 designated m761. Someone did a heck of a job putting 3408 in there. A bit before my time but word i get is not many early 8v92's went to far so and a 1693 cat wouldnt fit in 761 and v8 did. Awesome pics, mind if i post them on brockway site?

Thanks for the info and by all means share. Please share my original post on this truck as well. Shorty's recognition parallels the unique life of this truck.

"If it ain't got a motor, I ain't interested.!!"

The piece weighed close to 300,000 lbs. loaded on McCord's 300 ton lowboy. I never asked them, sorta thought it was factory tho. Thanks for the info and by all means share. Please share my original post on this truck as well. Shorty's recognition parallels the unique life of this truck.

I didnt catch your name jdfordhd but you are on the money with the info of Shorty being just as interesting as truck itself. Would be something for him to come to cortland and that truck and all the others in August! Either myself or one of the other Husky nuts will add what you have said over there....Thanks Brian

• Like 1

Hey Enck762 check my FB page for my secret identity..!! https://www.facebook.com/DennisHuntCompanyLlc?ref=hl&ref_type=bookmark

Also here are some more pics including the data plate from the McCord B'way. Says M761LL. SN 89327. Noticed others calling it a different model.

Thanks Dennis- I noticed it and scolded them over there :) Yarnall-still time to get that to cortland!

p.s i have a tilt hood that is handful of serial numbers away from yellow one above, there were twelve ordered in a row very close to same spec. mine is n761tl 91611

post-8108-0-45351300-1405633836_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Going to look at this Brockway this week to buy for myself, can you guys help me with a model number or any info, I believe 1954 has flathead.has Pa. Plates on it, thought somebody here might recognize it. Supposed to have solid body, runs good, air brakes. Thanks Dave

post-16952-0-19543400-1406071222_thumb.j

post-16952-0-22446800-1406071296_thumb.j

post-16952-0-74144900-1406071374_thumb.j

Going to look at this Brockway this week to buy for myself, can you guys help me with a model number or any info, I believe 1954 has flathead.has Pa. Plates on it, thought somebody here might recognize it. Supposed to have solid body, runs good, air brakes. Thanks Dave

Could be a 155W? Has a 427 Continental the tag is on the fire wall on the pass side, that will give you the vin an model # Also if it hasn't been changed it's probably 6 volts system post it on the Brockway site an one a the guys will know the truck good luck

BULLHUSK

Could be a 155W? Has a 427 Continental the tag is on the fire wall on the pass side, that will give you the vin an model # Also if it hasn't been changed it's probably 6 volts system post it on the Brockway site an one a the guys will know the truck good luck

BULLHUSK

Thanks for your help.

Dave looks good. First I have ever seen without vent windows. As Ernie said the Brockway Truck Site is best for answer. I am pretty sure Tom Millard or Steve S. will know. I will Email them and ask if they would post an answer. Tom M. has a nicely restored 155. Joe D.

Hi guys... That is a 1954 147WL... I actually bid on that truck on eBay about 14 years ago. Here is a link that I posted over on the Brockway site last year.

http://www.brockwaytrucks.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4364

At first look I would think its a 1955 or 1956 based on the 'B' on the grill guard but in the truck paper it was listed as a 1954. If you have any other questions, just let me know...

As for the cab windows, it depended on the model. Some had them, some didn't.

Tom

Is that the truck owned by the factory to haul the wood cab pieces in??? Think it was at ATHS Syracuse 2003?

Yes that is what they told me at the auction. I even met the son of the driver who has some of the original pics of it. He said he will get me copies of how it originally looked. He said it was originally red with detailed pin-striping even on the wheels. Once he gets me copies of the photo I will post on here.

• Like 1