1985 RW613 Superliner E9 450, eaton 9 spd, 3.65 rears

rsb502

After all that work you just did, you no you are gonna go crazy if you sell it, i couldn't do it myself.

You have no idea how much time I have in this truck, I've worked on it almost constantly since I bought it last August. I got a knot in my stomach when I clicked submit on this ad, but it just sits in the driveway and costs me money I could use on other things. I really hate to see the truck sit in the weather after I have polished and waxed it just to need it again a week later.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

After all that work you just did, you no you are gonna go crazy if you sell it, i couldn't do it myself.

You have no idea how much time I have in this truck, I've worked on it almost constantly since I bought it last August. I got a knot in my stomach when I clicked submit on this ad, but it just sits in the driveway and costs me money I could use on other things. I really hate to see the truck sit in the weather after I have polished and waxed it just to need it again a week later.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

84Superdog I know what you are going thought, money now days is not worth what it used to be and in trucking it cost about as much to let one sit as running one. you could drop insurance and let the tags run out and delete it from your fuel taxes and keep it, but then again it is a truck and needs to be ran and taken care of so maybe someone can take it off your hands and have some work for the old truck. You could park it in the back yard an keep her but pretty soon it would be in worst shape than if you were hauling coal out of the pit with it. I just wish I had the cash to buy her and s good haul to put her on. Dang good looking truck

• 2 weeks later...

Well let's try this first this time and see if my internet holds out. I need to apologize to several folks about my truck ad, I had come to the conclusion that selling my truck was the best route to take to get some things done at home but was told not to sell it by several people on bmt and several around home. I have had almost all of my friends and even my mom tell me no to sell it and after giving it a good 3-4 day think I just can't do it. I know its just a truck but its the truck I wanted when I was too young to drive and I remember being depressed after I sold my 84. I also have the bonus of this truck being an 85 which was the year my dad died, and it being the same dark blue of my dads last car. I also had absolutely no reason to find this truck other than something told me to turn down a side road and look around, and there behind a building was this Superliner. It doesn't help that I go it in August which is the month in 85 when my dad died. Again I apologize to those that replied to my ad I'm sorry but I just can't sell this one I guess it'll be in my driveway till I can build a shop to put it in. Ryan B.

• Like 1

I agree....good choice for obvious reasons. Better to change your mind now rather than regret your decision after it is sold.

I still have my dad's two (2) farm tractors that have not run since he died in 1991. I still have his 1990 Dodge D150 pickup (35K miles) that I drive locally. I plan to keep them until I HAVE TO SELL THEM.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I was thinking about it, but no wet line so I said screw it.

Better choice you made to keep it. Besides the reasons you presented, ALL that work you put in it.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I'm glad you made the decision to keep the truck! many of us on here would prolly agree its not "just a truck" I don't have any of the heavy trucks from ny past,but I do still have my 1970 Chevy pickup I've had since I was 16! been offered a TON of money for it,but I won't ever sell it,too many memories! its gonna be one hell of a sale after I kick!...........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I'm glad to see you're keeping her Ryan. Have You considered a portable coverall shelter? I put one up 3 yrs ago for a shop for working on and housing my truck. A 20'w x 30'l x 16' h with a 12'x 12' door opening ran me around $3000 with all the lumber for the bottom framing and door openings, and you can finish it just like a real building as you go. Some areas do not need permits or put them on your property taxes because they're considered portable. I wish I put one up along time ago. The best $3000 I ever spent. I used to work on my stuff in the driveway too.

post-814-0-65886700-1368496029_thumb.jpg

post-814-0-14687300-1368496065_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Never looked at a coverall I'm 12'6" to thetop of my stacks with bald tires so I'll need a 13' door. I think I'll price a 40x50 pole barn style shop and see what the bank says about financing later in the summer.

I'm shure it's good that you can keep her Ryan.

If you sell it you'll want to get another one in the future, will buy it, start to work over and will remember about the nice truck you had and lots of work you have done to make her up the way you want. If you really feel one day you don't want to have such thing, you shure understand you don't want to continue and sell it without any doubts.

If you doubt on this matter at least a little bit - don't do it.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Never looked at a coverall I'm 12'6" to thetop of my stacks with bald tires so I'll need a 13' door. I think I'll price a 40x50 pole barn style shop and see what the bank says about financing later in the summer.

When the time comes to build the shop, get a home equity loan (if you own your home). The interest on the home equity loan is tax deductable where as the interest on a loan for the building is not. I apologize if you are aware of this; I have talked to many people who are not.

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

• 2 weeks later...