8 B models found in Phila.

Today as I was working on the restoration of my B87 Mack a fellow wonder in on me at the shop.We started to talk about old trucks and he told me about these B models.he didn't know how many there were but he said I wouldn't be sorry if I went and check them out.Well I was all over this like a hobo on a ham sandwich.Went and checked it out and found 8-9 bmodels in one yard right here in Philly.The fellow at the yard said he had already cut up 5-6 other ones that were to far gone.They were all b61's and b42's.There was 1 LFSW that had only 58,000 miles on it.It was a gas powered one.The other trucks were very well used to say the least.He did have a 10 wheeler full of fenders and other body parts the he saved from the ones he cut up.I will be going back next week to have a better look and I will take some pictures and post them here.

• Like 1

Sorry,but no single axles.I want to get into the dump body that he has filled with body parts,and see just whats in there.Will take pictures.

Mike if any of those trucks are tractors see if they have a fifth wheel like the one on your b87 and see if the guy is willing to part with it. Thanks

Amen!! I've never seen a Mack too far gone that someone couldn't get some good out of it.

Even if it ends up being a mailbox bracket/lawn ornament,better than seeing a classic Mack go to the scrapyard!................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

If the b42 was in good shape I would buy the whole thing. Could you find out a price for me? I am only about a half hour from Philly. To be specific though I could use a new hood latch, door glass, a glove box door and a bunch of other stuff. Thank you!