Workin on the Superliner

Go to solution Solved by hatcity,

I was thinking of going with round horns on my superliner. Hadley makes round ones now that fit the same holes in the roof as the square Hadley horns where Grover bolt pattern is different.

Must of had a Grover originally as the new one bolted right up. I think my valve went bad though.

Damn, that's lookin' GOOD!!! Love the original old school paint scheme. Keep it "original" looking!!! Don't go all gansta on us!

I want these for my truck: (wish I had some spare cash)

http://www.discoverlivesteam.com/discoverforsale/forsale/1_haring/index.htm

K56_small1.JPG

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

don't take the horns off the roof,please,you have way too nice of a truck to do something that damn Peterbilt to it.You can still put the extra lights on without taking them off if you want,but I always thought 5 was plenty anyway.

i agree mike, i drive a pete daily and i am not a fan of taking the horns off of any make truck, in fact i like to have 4 big round ones up there 10-4.

I see you made a big value work and the end looks good.

Don't know why you wanted so long WB, suppose for a smoother ride.

Just used to go in tight corners so not my way.

Generally like the way you have it done keeping some original holes but don't understand one thing.

Your outer frame rails - were they solid from the front to the end and you devided them in two parts?

Or they are just additional outside reinforcements?

Glad to see you're back on the road.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Vlad I cut the outer frame and moved the rear section back with my trunnion so I only had to drill the inner frame and had a drill guide for all the holes. I have another piece I have to cut and section and weld in place to extend the outer filling that gap. I just don't have enough hours in the day to do it all at once but I'll have it finished soon. I don't know about the horns on the roof, I have had Macks with both horns and no horns. I don't consider it making it look like a peterbilt I consider it making it look like you want. A Peterbilt comes with horns on the roof too, I like doing things others haven't and making a Superliner look like I am is gonna be different. I have never heard anyone say Sal C's truck was messed up because he doesn't have horns on it. The way I see it I bought it I paid for it and I'm gonna try to get it fixed up the way I like and if I do something I don't like I'll change it back. Its all back tot at personal preference thing, I wouldn't have big flames on mine but I'm not gonna say no don't do it cause its not mine, I might say I wouldn't go that route but that's it. I think it will look nice when I get it semi finished in about 4-5 years, I'm out of income tax money so the truck won't get much more for a while now I have to use up the pile of parts in my garage and office.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I just worry about enough strength of the inner rails only to carry the central section.

Although I hope you know it better.

On my mind you need to pay attention for rust protection of the weld you'll put on the outer rails on their inner side, actually inbetween the rails.

About the lights, horns and so on I'm shure it's your truck and your way to do about.

As for me I'm with Mike and like it stock. It's just the mind of other folks, maybe it's interesting for you. Not more :)

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I went to the show yesterday and saw Ryan's SuperLiner.......it looks even better in person. We entered the truck parade and most all of the show trucks participated. We all formed and drove to town and circled back. Many people watched the truck parade from the side of the roads and I believe they had just as much fun as we did from the SuperLiners cab. The weather was perfect for any event. I have a few photos of this show but will have to download these at work tomorrow.

mike

• Like 1

Well I got a couple more things half done yesterday and today, I got the old sleeper boot out and replaced the so called rubber outer. I used some 1/8" rubber sheeting used for making gaskets from a local hose and belt shop, I had em cut me a roll 10" wide and 11' long. I think it'll work better than the rubber coated cardboard or whatever was in it, I gave it plenty of extra material between the cab and sleeper for movement since have an air ride cab and solid sleeper. I got some new original chrome turn signals on right before dark and put all new hardware (bolts, wire clamps) under the hood it was all crusty. I got a few more projects I want to get done before this weekend. I'll go ahead and give you a spoiler alert the Superliner is set to appear in a music video this weekend, if all goes well and they actually go thru with it I'll get a link to the video up as soon as it becomes available. I promised I wouldn't give up any info until they had it ready so don't ask, I will say that D Wrays green RS700 wrecker and my Superliner are set to be in it. Great day for old Mack trucks if you ask me.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Well I got a couple more things half done yesterday and today, I got the old sleeper boot out and replaced the so called rubber outer. I used some 1/8" rubber sheeting used for making gaskets from a local hose and belt shop, I had em cut me a roll 10" wide and 11' long. I think it'll work better than the rubber coated cardboard or whatever was in it, I gave it plenty of extra material between the cab and sleeper for movement since have an air ride cab and solid sleeper. I got some new original chrome turn signals on right before dark and put all new hardware (bolts, wire clamps) under the hood it was all crusty. I got a few more projects I want to get done before this weekend. I'll go ahead and give you a spoiler alert the Superliner is set to appear in a music video this weekend, if all goes well and they actually go thru with it I'll get a link to the video up as soon as it becomes available. I promised I wouldn't give up any info until they had it ready so don't ask, I will say that D Wrays green RS700 wrecker and my Superliner are set to be in it. Great day for old Mack trucks if you ask me.

Almost forgot, if your planning to replace your sleeper boot beb prepared there were just over 2.6 million staples in mine( I lost count around there).

post-5240-0-61184700-1366160491_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-75818400-1366160581_thumb.jp

Did some 'liners come from the factory with just the window to get to the sleeper? Some I have seen have a different cab back that the opening went to the floor...or is this just a good way to do and add on sleeper without cutting the rear cab?

Yeah mine was cut as a sit down, of course its still too tight to just sit down if your over 10 years old, they cut the cab out and added a panel to get the opening they wanted. I have ppondered on opening it up more b ut with the way the sleeper is built it wouldnt get me anywhere since the mattress is higher than the bottom of the opening now.

• 2 months later...

I don't know, these might be too shiny for me.

post-5240-0-70961400-1372289165_thumb.jp

• Like 2