Workin on the Superliner

Go to solution Solved by hatcity,

:SMOKIE-LFT: The stretch job looks good Ryan. Did you put the drop visor on ? I had intentions of coming home from MATS last Saturday with one of those for mine, the guy at Raney's booth almost sold me one last year but I hadn't had truck running yet so I left it there. This year they said they didn't bring one. Now I'm not sure if I'm going to put one on or put Lund fiberglass or short stainless one. Drop visor looks good on yours. It goes good with the dark blue paint. should go good with my black paint. I'll take a good pic of my truck this afternoon outside in the light and post it later, and see what every ones opinion on drop visors is and let peer pressure make the call.

:SMOKIE-LFT: The stretch job looks good Ryan. Did you put the drop visor on ? I had intentions of coming home from MATS last Saturday with one of those for mine, the guy at Raney's booth almost sold me one last year but I hadn't had truck running yet so I left it there. This year they said they didn't bring one. Now I'm not sure if I'm going to put one on or put Lund fiberglass or short stainless one. Drop visor looks good on yours. It goes good with the dark blue paint. should go good with my black paint. I'll take a good pic of my truck this afternoon outside in the light and post it later, and see what every ones opinion on drop visors is and let peer pressure make the call.

If your interested in one i have a 13in drop i took off mine. Im going to put the original Lund back on when i get the truck painted. Let me know. Thanks Kevin

Ok people I got a good 5 hours of work done today. I got my other carrier swapped, new crossmember in, old one relocated, carrier bearing brkt mounted, my new mid piece of driveline and carrier bearing installed, 4 more frame bolts drilled and installed and I'm forgetting something. Im going to try for pics tomorrow, I still have a wheel seal leaking, holes to drill and a 5th wheel to reinstall. I also have some new lights for the cab and fenders but it won't all get done tomorrow. I need input on one thing I have the rookie poles that came on the truck and I am back and forth about em. I think most trucks look horrible with bumper poles but a Superliner, W900 A, Ford LTL and a couple others they seem to fit. So all that said it's polling time BMT.....

Bumper poles on the Superliner or no?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

:SMOKIE-LFT: I'd go with the poles. I had a set on mine before, and last weekend I put them back on and hooked the lights up. Not that you need them, or they serve any kind of a purpose, they just look good on a Superliner. One of the very few trucks that look good with them.

Well another full day workin on the dog, I got the driveline bolted in the rest of the way, about 10 more bolts in, replaced the bad wheel seal and filled the front axle, hooked up my air lines, got my torque rods attatched. I think that's it but hell I lost track, I took er for a short spin about a mile just to check everything out. I can say going from 4.64 to 3.65 is a big change I was in 7th where i used to hit 9th, turns better than I expected stretching it 41". I'll get some better pics when I can I've been trying to keep myself on task and away from the phone.

post-5240-0-08475600-1365300382_thumb.jp

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Well another full day workin on the dog, I got the driveline bolted in the rest of the way, about 10 more bolts in, replaced the bad wheel seal and filled the front axle, hooked up my air lines, got my torque rods attatched. I think that's it but hell I lost track, I took er for a short spin about a mile just to check everything out. I can say going from 4.64 to 3.65 is a big change I was in 7th where i used to hit 9th, turns better than I expected stretching it 41". I'll get some better pics when I can I've been trying to keep myself on task and away from the phone.

So what your saying is now you can get out there and stroll like a large car now.,Or is that a big truck. "Whats the saying big trucks go as fast as they can,Large cars go as fast as they want" Looking good so far.

• Like 1

Oh its a largecar I may, or may not have added a few more turns to a couple screws on the pump, you know to compensate for the gears! Yeah the gears! I just got the 5th wheel, rear mudflap hangers, and repainted intercooler pipe back on today. I gotta take my 6' deck plate back, its too short I'm gonna try a 7' ( yeah its got that far to the 5th wheel). I still have to get a piece of outer frame scabbed in, mount my quarter fenders and swap my turn signals and cab lights out. I'll get pics up when I feel its warranted, right now it looks rough( and it got dark before I remembered pics). I'm still planning on going to the show in Harriman TN this Saturday hopefully I can get some help Friday to finish up and get it washed its pretty funky right now.

Looks good. I Iike round air horns. My air horn on my R model was shot so I put a new Grover stutter tone fire truck air horn on. I like the length. Looks better.

Rob

I was thinking of going with round horns on my superliner. Hadley makes round ones now that fit the same holes in the roof as the square Hadley horns where Grover bolt pattern is different.

• Like 1

Ha, the front deck plate is 7' long ( doesn't look it in the pics), I had to return the 6' I was off a little in my measurement. The rear is the old 3' plate i put on it last year I just thought id try it for now. Kinda cool covers all the lines, brakes and suspension, doubt I'll be able to use it with a lowboy.

I'm going to remove my horns, I have 9 new cab lights to put up there. I'm gonna put the air horns under the sleeper, might go with a nathan k5!

:SMOKIE-LFT: I been figuring on covering the whole frame on mine too. Going to have my local sheet metal shop fab them for me I need a 7' piece from cab to fifth wheel too. Haven't decided on Diamond plate aluminum on mirror finish stainless. Thinking of recessing it down between frame rails and mounting a Merritt frame box in it. Price wise I can fab it up cheaper than buying it and price between stainless and aluminum is pretty much the same.

I'm going to remove my horns, I have 9 new cab lights to put up there. I'm gonna put the air horns under the sleeper, might go with a nathan k5!

don't take the horns off the roof,please,you have way too nice of a truck to do something that damn Peterbilt to it.You can still put the extra lights on without taking them off if you want,but I always thought 5 was plenty anyway.

• Like 1