RFCDrum

Autocars

one thing about it,that thing would be nice to change oil in.

rod and main bearings changed out with ease

• Like 1

Sorry I was asking about the 1949 diesel in the brush on page 3

Sorry I was asking about the 1949 diesel in the brush on page 3

Yep. Took pictures of it a while ago then saw it on the for sale board at Macungie last year. Was in portland

• Like 1

Yep. Took pictures of it a while ago then saw it on the for sale board at Macungie last year. Was in portland

Portland, Maine?

Figures! I'm going to South Portland Maine on Wednesday.

I take the ferry with the car to New London, cheaper than the tolls through NYC and saves me a ton of miles.

The Autocar wrecker hooked onto the old coupe race car a long time ago.

THAT has to have one cool story behind how it was parked!!

Thats a rugged looking 6 wheel dump. Don't often see a A car dump in that configuration. 35,000 rears is one heavy spec back end. :twothumbsup:

Job 41

That looks like it could have originally been a western NY plow truck??? Erie, Chataqua, and Catarogus(sp) counties speced a lot of Acar's heavy like that..

That Conforti truck is awesome. I've seen that truck at work.

this truck is still on the road, i just worked with him last week. he put an aluminum body with electric tarp on it last winter because the steel body was ready to fall off it.

That Conforti truck is awesome. I've seen that truck at work.

Frank still has it and uses it. he just picked up a giant prime mover and trailer, i think it is an 18 axle.

No such thing as boring when you are talking history! There was another Acar very similar to yours that was on Craigs or ebay motors a year or so ago-at least it was orange!.

Job41 your rear in Autocar could be a U300 rated at 29,000lbs.I have one in my 1968 Brockway 361 plow truck. It came from the Finger Lakes area of New York State.

Job 41

Thanks for all the great info.. As Red Horse said it is all history.. Know where the Town of Maine is.. Grew up outside Ithaca on Town of Caroline Brockways thus my interest in plow trucks. Would love to have one down here to scare the S##t out of these rebels who think a dusting is a total blizzard!!!

• Like 1

Brocky,

That would be cool to see. I went to college at North Carolina State University in Raliegh. And yes, the southerners are not adept at handling snow. They don't know what a northern snow plow rig looks like. The single axle versions are falling by the way side and now the municipalities are purchasing tandem axle rigs. By the way, I did put my truck on Craig's list a year ago, as funds have been in very short supply. All I got were low ball offers. One guy offered me a Chinese made 4 wheeler in trade. The only cash offer I got was 1800.00, so I figured for that kind of money I would keep the old girl. If it were a Mack I would be offered three times as much. There is still more to add to the story, but that will have to be a later post. Regards - Job41