Gonna be a Felon Monday

41chevy

See the powers of N.Y,. after secret meetings passed a new gun law. Even a Ruger 10/22 is now illegal because it holds more than 7 rounds. Governor stated the law was passed in secret to prevent a run on weapons.. They say on the plus side, they decided not to go and confiscate weapons.....yet.

Told Momma time to move to our place in VA......NOW!

Willkommen in der neuen Weltordnung

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/15/bill-called-toughest-gun-control-package-in-nation-passed-by-new-york-state/

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

If I were there I would be leaving that state in a hurry...

N.Y. got away with it, I'm sure other states will follow the lead.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Not once in the article did it mention about trying to get the illegal guns off of the streets. Like it said it just makes a law abiding citizen a felon. That is what all gun control laws do. When they wake up and realize crimnals don't care about gun control they might get something done. This is just a feel good law. Glad I don't live in New York because I would be a felon right along with 41chevy.

• Like 2

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.

PAUL i JUST COPIED AND SHARED THIS ON FACEBOOK.......VERY SAD BUT ALL TO TRUE...

Maybe some will wake up.

P.T.CHESHIRE

"But the one great shocking occasion, when tens or hundreds or thousands will join with you, never comes. That’s the difficulty. If the last and worst act of the whole regime had come immediately after the first and smallest, thousands, yes, millions would have been sufficiently shocked—if, let us say, the gassing of the Jews in 1943 had come immediately after the ‘German Firm’ stickers on the windows of non-Jewish shops in 1933. But of course this isn’t the way it happens. In between come all the hundreds of little steps, some of them imperceptible, each of them preparing you not to be shocked by the next. Step C is not so much worse than Step B, and, if you did not make a stand at Step B, why should you at Step C? And so on to Step D, suddenly no more steps...total power is taken" This is a quote from a book by an American after WWII; "They Thought We Were Free" by Milton Mayer That complete statment is so true.

It's very disappointing to find that my government today is prepared to do something for which at least 1/2 of the population will be branded criminals. Paul

http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/511928.html

glenn akers

Maybe some will wake up.
. I hope so!!!!! I love the way they continually raise the cost on things that aren't "politically correct"........like gun and hunting licenses.....I know people who had to give up there "right to bear arms" simply because of the continuosly rising cost. So if your a "felon" your in good company. These people worked their whole lives.....contributed in a positive way to this country......only to be treated like this....what a shame....at least in my state.
  • Like 1

Read the new rules today.

Seems that all of the new laws are avoiding the 900# gorilla in the room.

That being the mental health crisis that has been going on for sometime.

And lack of proper treatment and care has led to some of these shootings

But you can keep your 10 rd mag. til next year. OR, just put 7 rounds in it

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Read the new rules today.

Seems that all of the new laws are avoiding the 900# gorilla in the room.

That being the mental health crisis that has been going on for sometime.

And lack of proper treatment and care has led to some of these shootings

But you can keep your 10 rd mag. til next year. OR, just put 7 rounds in it

I have a few 10/22 10 round mags But what about my Calaco M-100, my Calaco M-50

my Henry U.S.A.F. Survival? The Calacos have specific mags, there are no small capacity ones. The Henry mags store in waterproof slots in the stock. 3 rounds shorter and you will not remove them if needed. If you read the law you will see a background check for purchasing ammo and registering ALL long guns with the police.

Cumo and select lawmakers drafted the bill in closed sessions, presented it to the state legislature at 11pm Monday night (after the viewing gallery was cleared of civies) 5 minutes for the senators to read the bill and a fast track vote. The vote was immediately validated, Cumo signed it, his signature validated and was and it was immediately on the books and enforceable by 1 AM. No debate, no nothing. Remington Arms, Henry Arms in Brooklyn today questions the impact on the business and employees possible job losses, Cumo said "hate to see you go". The potential of 7000 jobs lost will be absorbed by other industries according to him. Grand standing just to boost his future bid for the presidency and to kiss obamas a$$. IMO

I

P.T.CHESHIRE

A POS. We are our own worst enemy. I cannot wait to leave NY.

Maybe we will read how all those illegal guns were turned in by criminals in Chicago due to their having to go to jail for having illegal weapons.

Yea, right. However, Texas aint taking no crap. A politician there named Toth wants to pass a law giving state law enforcement powers to arrest Federal officials should they try to arrest a Texan for weapons, should the moron in DC pass his BS laws. Now THAT'S the Americans we need.

• Like 1

If it ain't a Mack, it ain't Jack!!!!!! :)

. I hope so!!!!! I love the way they continually raise the cost on things that aren't "politically correct"........like gun and hunting licenses.....I know people who had to give up there "right to bear arms" simply because of the continuosly rising cost. So if your a "felon" your in good company. These people worked their whole lives.....contributed in a positive way to this country......only to be treated like this....what a shame....at least in my state.

seems to be the bottom line nowdays,on everything,,most of us do what your supposed to do,,,and thiers never a shitten pat on the back for any of it,,,just take away,and take away ,,,wow what a country...bob

soap.gif

As I said before....my late dad always said "a lock only keeps an honest person out". So with guns....criminals will always be able to get a gun. The "innocent" people will not be able to protect themselves or have guns for hunting or target shooting. In the end it is called "politics".

I own guns for hunting. Personally I see no reason for more than 5-6 cartridges. If someone wants an assult rifle...go for it but limit the amount of ammo it will hold. As for buying ammo..if the person is "sane" and legal...no problem.

I still say part of the problem is violence on TV and video games and "letting crazy" people roam the streets. My mother worked in a State Hospital where they put "crazy" people. They let them out to roam the streets and it is now a Veteren's Home. Also, enforce the death penalty. Jails are overcrowed so they let the "rehabilitated" criminals out so they can kill again!. If you are found guilty in a court of law...GONE! If you are caught in the act of shooting or killing someone...GONE...you had your day in court! If you run from an officer who tells you to STOP....GONE!! Maybe a would be criminal will think before they act.

Done with my rant (for today)! gerg.gif

A criminal is a criminal , you lose you right when your convicted. Stop the free college educations, benefits, cable tv, computers, full health care, and the best is Social Security and other payments. Most go to jail and live better than they ever did on the outside. Put their a$$es in a plain bare cell, same food as the military gets, let them do work on a chain gang on highways, parks or such. Stop making the excuses for them, no father, no mother, no fancy clothes, no I phone, they didn't get a good present in school. I deserve it cause I'm poor or black or white or from a broken home....Blah, Blah, Blah pull up your pants, stop whining and move on. Life is what you make it, no body owes you anything. Want Stuff? Want a nice house? Want a good Life? Work for it, nothing more nothing less.

The few problems I have is at this time there is there are no 7 round mags for my 10/22 Ruger and a few others. It was legal when it was purchased, why isn't it grandfathered? Might as well pass a law that my 1928 AC has to meet 2013 emissions and safety laws. Just doesn't make sense unless it's a back door way

to ban the "other guns" indirectly. The weapons are legal but the mags not? Wait til the president signs his 19 Executive orders on Federal Gun Control in the next few days. N.Y.'s law will look good. Paul

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

Well out west in Wyoming they have signed into law that any federal officer trying to enforce federal firearms laws in that state on a resident of that state that lawfully owns said guns is committing a felony and the district attorneys office will represent any resident of that state if tried on crimes relating to federal anti gun legislation. Tn signed into law no state or local funds shall be used to enforce federal anti gun laws and now are voting on a copy of wyomings bill as well as 6 other states before long it will be illegal in several states to enforce federal anti gun legislation. Obummers eo's didn't amount to shit they are all 100% b.s. most are different wordings of current laws. I would guess if anything is passed it will be like NY it will be kept quiet till its done but unless they throw the constitution out all together the president can't make an eo pertaining to constitutional rights that has to pass congress/senate for approval.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I have a few 10/22 10 round mags But what about my Calaco M-100, my Calaco M-50

my Henry U.S.A.F. Survival? The Calacos have specific mags, there are no small capacity ones. The Henry mags store in waterproof slots in the stock. 3 rounds shorter and you will not remove them if needed. If you read the law you will see a background check for purchasing ammo and registering ALL long guns with the police.

Cumo and select lawmakers drafted the bill in closed sessions, presented it to the state legislature at 11pm Monday night (after the viewing gallery was cleared of civies) 5 minutes for the senators to read the bill and a fast track vote. The vote was immediately validated, Cumo signed it, his signature validated and was and it was immediately on the books and enforceable by 1 AM. No debate, no nothing. Remington Arms, Henry Arms in Brooklyn today questions the impact on the business and employees possible job losses, Cumo said "hate to see you go". The potential of 7000 jobs lost will be absorbed by other industries according to him. Grand standing just to boost his future bid for the presidency and to kiss obamas a$$. IMO

I

I can't find where it says all long guns must be registered..

Well out west in Wyoming they have signed into law that any federal officer trying to enforce federal firearms laws in that state on a resident of that state that lawfully owns said guns is committing a felony and the district attorneys office will represent any resident of that state if tried on crimes relating to federal anti gun legislation. Tn signed into law no state or local funds shall be used to enforce federal anti gun laws and now are voting on a copy of wyomings bill as well as 6 other states before long it will be illegal in several states to enforce federal anti gun legislation. Obummers eo's didn't amount to shit they are all 100% b.s. most are different wordings of current laws. I would guess if anything is passed it will be like NY it will be kept quiet till its done but unless they throw the constitution out all together the president can't make an eo pertaining to constitutional rights that has to pass congress/senate for approval.

I like that state.

glenn akers