Gonna be a Felon Monday

41chevy

What budget? Just spending whatever whenever isn't a budget.

There must be some cash...he found money to go play 27 holes of golf with Tiger Woods in Florida yesterday...

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

He's talking budget, I bet there are some govt entities that have a smaller budget than his vacations.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

A few weeks ago the IHC bus plant here told the employees in a meeting that it would be a good thing for them to vote the UAW in. Up untill the first of the year the bus plant had said they would move out of state if this happened.In todays paper it stated that the employes had voted the union in. My son works there and he says ever one he knows thinks its a double cross by the union and goverment. My question is what is behind this and why would IHC want the union in the work place anyway?I have wonders if the UAW is not a share holder of IHC.

glenn akers

Ha, now he gets to pay dues like me, only he may get something for em, I dont.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

He's talking budget, I bet there are some govt entities that have a smaller budget than his vacations.

In his budget talk today he mentions the will be some lost jobs, the head of Northrup Grumman and Boeing agreed that there will be job loss in the Defense Industry... to the tune of 7 to 8 MILLION TOTAL Jobs in the defense industry, trucking, parts suppliers, sub contractors, tool and machine makers, food service and construction / maintenance and other DOD dependent companies .

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yep, I was one of those DOD contractors a while back I have some friends that are looking for other jobs now before they get dropped.

I saw what happened on Long Island when Repubic- Fairchild, Grummans, Sperry and a half dozen subs sold out, closed or just left. Sections looked like ghost towns and many places have never recovered. I can't imagine it on the scale the White House is shrugging off as some minor job losses. Add that to the New England Fishing industry having 70% of their catch legislated away, the Northwestern Timber industry being Environmentally castrated and the full effects of the killing of the coal industry now being felt, we will get hit with a real um-employment of 35 to 40 tor more. Luckly Obama calls the 15 million illegals "the building blocks of our economic recovery"

Course whats the big news story for the Week??? Job loss? Budget? Extending the tours of Combat troops? NOPE It's The First Ladies New Hair Style!

Everything is fine here! Go back to your stalls. Nothing to see here BAAA MOOO BAAAAA

I assume the new White House motto is " Keep them cold, hungry and broke so we can do what ever I want to.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Did isn't the whole issue, the govt is too big and has dug it's hands too far into everything it can its now too difficult for a lot of companies to make money. Sooner or later (sooner) it will all come crashing down and then when there are another 10 million out of work and starving, will the govt still be writing checks? That's about 5 million in income tax revenue gone, 450 million in corporate taxes gone, more people than ever on government assistance or unemployment. I don't know sure don't look good in the next 3-5 years, they can keep sending out checks but there isn't anything to back the checks now its all debt. Can anyone safely say they can provide for their family for 5 years without income of any kind? I can't do it for myself let alone a family. When the money that has been spent catches up to the money they have left it will outweigh that amount several times over and when the grocery stores don't get paid for all those WIC voucher sales they will go out of business adding more to the ranks of unemployed govt dependant Americans. At what point does it all fall apart, we have been running with a growing debt for so long nobody remembers a time when we were debt free, how long till the rest of the world says no more. I just wonder, when we are starving in the streets hungry and cold will the rest of the world go into debt to send us aid in their C-17 and C-5 transports? What's that you say nobody has a C-5 and no other country in the world hands out aid like we do? Huh wonder what it will take to learn this lesson and I wonder how many of us will live thru it, no I HOPE most of us live thru it. I'm sorry for the rant but it's time to realize we are at the brink of something unprecedented in the history of the world, the closest thing in our time was the collapse of the USSR and yes it CAN happen to anyone once you get so complacent you can't see the forest for the trees.

It may be very well that the president is working for China and when we are unable to help our self then they can take over with out any problems. Then when that happens there will still be many liberals still sucking up to this great devider. He wants a race war to start and keeps telling his suck ups that things are getting better.I think he could maybe hang some of them with a new rope and their lips would still be sucking like a bugle mouth carp.

glenn akers

President Obama is at it again. Unable to manage the government or the economy effectively, he threatens to victimize taxpayers and stick Republicans with the blame.

It appears likely sequestration will require $85 billion in cuts to defense and non-entitlement government spending.

Unwilling to acknowledge the government has a spending problem — over the last five years, outlays are up $1 trillion and three times the amount required by inflation — and that tax revenues are short because his policies have instigated the weakest recovery since the Great Depression, President Obama is threatening draconian measures if Republicans don’t agree to more taxes.

The president has announced meat inspectors will be furloughed and massive food shortages will result. His cabinet secretaries are threatening three-hour waits at airports to clear security, reducing embassy protection by 75% and eliminating border patrols, cutting the Persian Gulf Naval presence from two aircraft carriers to one, and the list goes on ….

Repeatedly, the president has exclaimed if congressional Republicans don’t cooperate, spending cuts now could derail the hard won recovery. It puzzles me how $85 billion in a $16 trillion economy could make such a difference, especially when tax increases of similar size, implemented on January 1 at the president’s behest, had no similar effect in his mind.

The Constitution charges the president with running the government effectively on the money Congress provides. While appropriation legislation limits the fungibility of funds, the administration has considerable discretion allocating the 10 percent cuts in non-entitlement spending.

Military bands have more personnel than the State Department’s Foreign Service has employees — I would rather jettison some tubas than Marine guards at embassies.

The Agriculture Department has one of the largest staffs of economists in the world, and the Social Security Administration employs a similar crop of dull numbers-crunchers. I fear for my brethren, but safe food is more important than yet another dull research paper.

To provide fuel and munitions to maintain the carrier presence in the Gulf, it would be better to trim ballooning military health care costs, something outgoing Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has expressed sympathy about addressing.

That would require longer-term reforms, but President Obama has refused to look at skyrocketing spending with a critical eye. He talks about balanced approaches to deficit reduction — half spending and half taxes; however, instead of matching increases in payroll and income taxes imposed January 1 with spending cuts, he pushed through more spending on unemployment insurance and other initiatives.

Now, the president is unwilling to manage effectively $85 billion in cuts across a $3.8 trillion government — remember administrative, research and public affairs outlays associated with entitlements are fair game, too. And what about the White House budget!

Instead, he would rather blackmail Americans with food shortages, long lines at airports and the like, and invoke the specter of another recession to gain political advantage over the Republicans.

Whether a second recession occurs is already baked in the cake. Obama’s high taxes, and those imposed by Democratic governors from Maryland to California, have forced consumers to trim purchases, retailers and wholesalers are reporting weaker traffic and are trimming inventories, and corporate leaders have announced plans to cut new investments and hiring, owing to weak demand and more burdensome health care costs and regulations.

When you can’t get hamburger at the supermarket and unemployment rises this spring, Obama will do what he does best, cast blame on Republicans for permitting sequestration, but it is the American people that bear the burden of presidential disregard for the responsibilities of his office and the harmful effects of his policies.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/02/19/obama-blackmails-tax-payers-while-blaming-republicans/?intcmp=obnetwork#ixzz2LURRvkv1

P.T.CHESHIRE

President Obama is at it again. Unable to manage the government or the economy effectively, he threatens to victimize taxpayers and stick Republicans with the blame.

It appears likely sequestration will require $85 billion in cuts to defense and non-entitlement government spending.

Unwilling to acknowledge the government has a spending problem — over the last five years, outlays are up $1 trillion and three times the amount required by inflation — and that tax revenues are short because his policies have instigated the weakest recovery since the Great Depression, President Obama is threatening draconian measures if Republicans don’t agree to more taxes.

The president has announced meat inspectors will be furloughed and massive food shortages will result. His cabinet secretaries are threatening three-hour waits at airports to clear security, reducing embassy protection by 75% and eliminating border patrols, cutting the Persian Gulf Naval presence from two aircraft carriers to one, and the list goes on ….

Repeatedly, the president has exclaimed if congressional Republicans don’t cooperate, spending cuts now could derail the hard won recovery. It puzzles me how $85 billion in a $16 trillion economy could make such a difference, especially when tax increases of similar size, implemented on January 1 at the president’s behest, had no similar effect in his mind.

The Constitution charges the president with running the government effectively on the money Congress provides. While appropriation legislation limits the fungibility of funds, the administration has considerable discretion allocating the 10 percent cuts in non-entitlement spending.

Military bands have more personnel than the State Department’s Foreign Service has employees — I would rather jettison some tubas than Marine guards at embassies.

The Agriculture Department has one of the largest staffs of economists in the world, and the Social Security Administration employs a similar crop of dull numbers-crunchers. I fear for my brethren, but safe food is more important than yet another dull research paper.

To provide fuel and munitions to maintain the carrier presence in the Gulf, it would be better to trim ballooning military health care costs, something outgoing Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has expressed sympathy about addressing.

That would require longer-term reforms, but President Obama has refused to look at skyrocketing spending with a critical eye. He talks about balanced approaches to deficit reduction — half spending and half taxes; however, instead of matching increases in payroll and income taxes imposed January 1 with spending cuts, he pushed through more spending on unemployment insurance and other initiatives.

Now, the president is unwilling to manage effectively $85 billion in cuts across a $3.8 trillion government — remember administrative, research and public affairs outlays associated with entitlements are fair game, too. And what about the White House budget!

Instead, he would rather blackmail Americans with food shortages, long lines at airports and the like, and invoke the specter of another recession to gain political advantage over the Republicans.

Whether a second recession occurs is already baked in the cake. Obama’s high taxes, and those imposed by Democratic governors from Maryland to California, have forced consumers to trim purchases, retailers and wholesalers are reporting weaker traffic and are trimming inventories, and corporate leaders have announced plans to cut new investments and hiring, owing to weak demand and more burdensome health care costs and regulations.

When you can’t get hamburger at the supermarket and unemployment rises this spring, Obama will do what he does best, cast blame on Republicans for permitting sequestration, but it is the American people that bear the burden of presidential disregard for the responsibilities of his office and the harmful effects of his policies.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/02/19/obama-blackmails-tax-payers-while-blaming-republicans/?intcmp=obnetwork#ixzz2LURRvkv1

Tell him (Obama) and his wife to stop taken fuckin VACATION'S over the next 4 years and maybe that will help???? Obama ; 'just do as I say an not what I do'

BULLHUSK

The media is working very hard to panic people over this. I'm in the Hess station getting fuel and a coffee and the people in front of me are saying there is a run on freezers and they hope they can still find one. The person at the register asked why is there a shortage? The person says "didn't you see the news? The CNN reporter said to buy all the meat and poultry you can now because of the food shortage coming March 1st. Obama says massive shortages of meat and poultry because of the Sequester. Then the person says the White House said to stock up on meats , buy a freezer to store it...food shortages and $20.00 a pound meat after march 1st" . . . and the followers of Obama kow tow and obey the sacred words of the media demi gods . . .

P.T.CHESHIRE

The media is working very hard to panic people over this. I'm in the Hess station getting fuel and a coffee and the people in front of me are saying there is a run on freezers and they hope they can still find one. The person at the register asked why is there a shortage? The person says "didn't you see the news? The CNN reporter said to buy all the meat and poultry you can now because of the food shortage coming March 1st. Obama says massive shortages of meat and poultry because of the Sequester. Then the person says the White House said to stock up on meats , buy a freezer to store it...food shortages and $20.00 a pound meat after march 1st" . . . and the followers of Obama kow tow and obey the sacred words of the media demi gods . . .

Like the bird flu, swine flu,and jackass flu. I think they just try to come up with stuff to cause people to panic, so they'll need the gummint to protect them. I've never gotten a flu vaccine, and don't intend to- I just don't trust it. When I die, it'll be because that was God's plan.

And as far as the Newtown shootings go, that was exactly what they wanted- something like that to happen, so Joe Biden could say "America has changed on this issue...There is a moral price to be paid for inaction". Inaction meaning not having more gun control laws of course.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Like the bird flu, swine flu,and jackass flu. I think they just try to come up with stuff to cause people to panic, so they'll need the gummint to protect them. I've never gotten a flu vaccine, and don't intend to- I just don't trust it. When I die, it'll be because that was God's plan.

And as far as the Newtown shootings go, that was exactly what they wanted- something like that to happen, so Joe Biden could say "America has changed on this issue...There is a moral price to be paid for inaction". Inaction meaning not having more gun control laws of course.

A survivor of the 1989 School Shooting in California that killed 2 children and wounded 27, who is now in law enforcement and a Columbine shooting survivor went to speak before the Feds on how more laws and gun free zones are not the solution. . . Biden asked both what makes them "experts" on school violence!!

I do not trust anything from any part of government, last time I did I found my self shot up and being med evaced out of the jungle. . . I feel I need to protect me and mine from Them. Paul

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

A survivor of the 1989 School Shooting in California that killed 2 children and wounded 27, who is now in law enforcement and a Columbine shooting survivor went to speak before the Feds on how more laws and gun free zones are not the solution. . . Biden asked both what makes them "experts" on school violence!!

I do not trust anything from any part of government, last time I did I found my self shot up and being med evaced out of the jungle. . . I feel I need to protect me and mine from Them. Paul

"Amen brother!"..Bulldogman, 1922

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

It is all hype. 100% unadulterated bullshit being spread by the media and the democrats. There aren't going to be any TRUE cuts...only reductions in the rate of growth. Only in government can an agency receive MORE money when compared to the previous year and still call it a CUT because it wasn't as large of an increase as they were expecting....but that's baseline budgeting at its finest.

Nothing is being cut. It just isn't going to grow as quickly as it would have if not for the "fiscal cliff" fiasco.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

BERETTA TO BOLT MARYLAND IF DEM GOVERNOR'S ANTI-GUN BILL PASSES

We're quite sure the state of Texas will welcome you with open arms.

On the production floor of Beretta USA sits a hulking new barrel-making machine ready to churn out the next object of obsession in Americas love-hate relationship with guns: a civilian version of a machine gun designed for special operations forces and popularized in the video game Call of Duty.

Beretta, the nearly 500-year-old family-owned company that made one of James Bonds firearms, has already invested more than $1 million in the machine and has planned to expand its plant further in Prince Georges County to ramp up production.

But under an assault-weapons ban that advanced late last week in the Maryland General Assembly, experts say the gun would be illegal in the state where it is produced.

Now Beretta is weighing whether the rifle line, and perhaps the company itself, should stay in a place increasingly hostile toward its products. Its iconic 9mm pistol carried by every U.S. soldier and scores of police departments would also be banned with its high capacity, 13-bullet magazine.

Why expand in a place where the people who built the gun couldnt buy it? said Jeffrey Reh, general counsel for Beretta.

Concern that the company will leave, and take its 300 jobs with it, is palpable among state lawmakers who worry it could be collateral damage from Gov. Martin OMalleys proposed gun-control bill.

Among other restrictions, OMalleys bill would ban assault rifles, magazines with more than 10 bullets and any new guns with two or more military-like features. Gun experts said its a near-certainty that Berettas semiautomatic version of the ARX-160, now only a prototype, would be banned under OMalleys bill.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/berettas-future-in-maryland-tied-to-states-gun-control-debate/2013/02/23/bcc56c62-7776-11e2-95e4-6148e45d7adb_story.html?hpid=z3See More

It is all hype. 100% unadulterated bullshit being spread by the media and the democrats. There aren't going to be any TRUE cuts...only reductions in the rate of growth. Only in government can an agency receive MORE money when compared to the previous year and still call it a CUT because it wasn't as large of an increase as they were expecting....but that's baseline budgeting at its finest.

Nothing is being cut. It just isn't going to grow as quickly as it would have if not for the "fiscal cliff" fiasco.

2% According to the media and O run the entire country so in their terms if you take home a $1000 a week and loss 2% or $20.00 you will immediately lose your house and car and have no money to eat. :) .... in reality the 2% is LESS that the ECONOMIC AID we give to CHINA. $86 billion cut over 44 months verses $190 billion in aid to yearly a country that's kicking our ass in trade. Don't cut the budget . . . cut the aid and give away's from Emperor Obama.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

If the money allotted (since we haven't actually had a budget since FY09) to an agency was $1000 last year, and if the agency was supposed to see an 8% rate of growth from year to year in the baseline, they were expecting to receive $1080 this year.

The sequester is knocking 2% off the agency's allotment for the year. So, they are only going to have $1058 this year instead of the $1080 they were expecting....which is still more than the $1000 they had last year.

The sequester hasn't actually made any cuts....only reductions in the rate of growth. Any "shut downs" or "furloughs" as a result are only being done as a result of political gamesmanship by the politicians in charge at the expense of the workers. It's all bullshit.

We are running a deficit of over $1 TRILLION per year. That is the amount the budget needs to be cut.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Nothing more than a political power grab and grand standing by the hnic. nothing more . . . nothing less. In a few days we will have the ads of the starving children, the homeless doper (my grandson) and the toothless old undocumented alien saying how this was caused by A) Mitt Romney B) G.W. Bush C) the people who don't work hard enough to give em more free crap D) all of the above. Obama will blame everybody but himself and Harry Reid for not letting them raise taxes an borrow more money..... S.N.A.F.U.

P.T.CHESHIRE