InteriorGreen Paint for B model in Spray Cans

I am looking for the green paint for the interior of my B87 that I'm restoring.I would like to paint all the smaller parts first before I go and mix up a batch for the whole inside of the cab.I do have all the paint numbers for the paint to get it in quarts,gallons.Just could use it in spray cans.Thanks MIke Durkin

I am looking for the green paint for the interior of my B87 that I'm restoring.I would like to paint all the smaller parts first before I go and mix up a batch for the whole inside of the cab.I do have all the paint numbers for the paint to get it in quarts,gallons.Just could use it in spray cans.Thanks MIke Durkin

I think I heard once that whatever color is "Detroit Green" is essentially the same color of Mack's interior green, if that helps. Can anyone confirm or deny this???

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

There are companies that will take any paint and put into a spray can for you. Not cheap, but it is convenient.

Another alternative is to use disposable cups for your spray gun. You still need to clean the gun, but the leftover paint can be stored in the cup, so you can retain a small amount for touch up or small parts.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Isn't the Mack green interior paint metallic? I remember the green in my H67 looked metallic. The Mack museum should be able to tell you the paint code.

This is in the Wiki forum:

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/tutorials/article/45-b-model-interior-green-paint-code/

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Now listen here fellas, There is A Big confusion here. There are TWO "Detroit Green"s on this earth. If you talk about them, you should specify. Also, niether one is the same as the "Mack Green".Take a look:

The "Old" Detroit Green:

post-10909-0-63694800-1357439976_thumb.j

The "New" Detroit Green:

post-10909-0-46019600-1357439986.jpg

And just for comparison, the official "Mack Green"

post-10909-0-26932600-1357440580_thumb.j

Please take careful note of the differences.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

yup, this has been discussed before in depth. Detroit Alpine green is nowhere near a B model interior color. the earlier B models were metallic and after around 62 i think it changed to a solid color. no two trucks were the same color anyways. it came in 55 gallon drums and i have never seen two B models the same color inside. there was a post not too long ago about this

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

yup, this has been discussed before in depth. Detroit Alpine green is nowhere near a B model interior color. the earlier B models were metallic and after around 62 i think it changed to a solid color. no two trucks were the same color anyways. it came in 55 gallon drums and i have never seen two B models the same color inside. there was a post not too long ago about this

Yes,Matt is right! Even early R model green is not Alpine (or Detriot) Green! To me,the best way to match any of your paint,is to bring a sample into your paint supplier.They can match it (for a price)and it will look right when your done! .............................My 2 cents!

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I would never suggest that Mack green interior paint is the same or even similar to DD engine paint. But maybe if you mix Mack green with oil you will get DD green! coollaugh.gif

Very good- but just think with today's regulations, if you could still get a 71 series in a new truck, together with all your normal registration, permit and inspection fees, you would have to file an environmental impact statement and also have a Coast Guard spill plan with you! :pat:

But I do miss tjhe 6-71!

kscarbel,where did you get these numbers from and they still able to be had from Mack.If not maybe I can give the numbers to a paint supplyer and he can cross refence them.Thanks.Mike

These are the correct numbers. Trust me (35 years at Mack). There was only one B-model green from beginning to end. I'm sure no Mack dealer stocks it now. For many years, Kirker Chemical would still produce it for Mack dealers but they has a minimim order quantity. Pfahl Mack Restorations might have some to sell you, but in gallons.

kscarbel,thanks for the info, I will be at the paint supplier on Monday and also be calling Kirker to see if they can point me in the right direction.I'm surprise that with all the b models still around that someone hasn't had a batch made up in spray cans.Mike Durkin

Best bet and easiest is to take a sample to the paint store and get a custom match. Eastwood has a reusable spray can.

http://www.eastwood.com/ew-billet-rechargeable-aerosol-can.html

I've never used one but they've been around for a few years so I guess they work. A little expensive for me, but I use a small gravity feed touchup gun for small parts.