Chicago R models

On a side note...a frameless or 1/4 frame dump trailer has less chance of flipping the tractor over if it goes over. Frame trailers tend to pull the tractor over or damage the frame of the truck...

The bad part of a frameless is that all the weight of the trailer goes to the rear axel when dumping. If the ground is soft you have to be real careful. 1/4 frames are much more stable on soft ground. Not sure if it's still true with todays new dumps...but a frameless could raise higher and thus the load would not get stuck in the nose as easy as a 1/4 frame or frame dump...if you ever watch a frameless raise up you will see that some of them will have the spread pan nearly touch the ground and the front axel will be over the tractors rear rear axle. Have seen a few guys set the back of the trailer flat on the ground...aka "rocket man! "

This R-model looks like an o/o pulling a John Brady trailer. I don't think this is a company truck,

but I could be wrong.

See that guy everyday,Brian.He pulls out of Yd.5.yes he is an O/O.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Yes. A quarter frame and full frame tandems stay on the ground, while a frameless balances on the rear axle.

I'll post a few pics for illustration purposes. The green R-model is my Dads old truck with a frameless Axle

dump trailer. You can see the front axle off the ground. The two shots of the conveyors are me dumping

into them with a quarter frame. You can see the wheels on the ground. Quarter frames are good for

conveyors or paving. The yellow Pete was my old company truck and I was picking up a new full frame

East Genesis. This trailer had a spread axle on it and when it was loaded the front axle would come off

the ground an inch or two when dumping due to the frame flex. Also like Mackey said the quarter and

frameless come in handy when your tires are spinning. Just hold the Johnny bar, let the box down and

try to walk yourself out

Those are pretty cool pics using the coal chute into the conveyor.

Rob

On a side note...a frameless or 1/4 frame dump trailer has less chance of flipping the tractor over if it goes over. Frame trailers tend to pull the tractor over or damage the frame of the truck...

The bad part of a frameless is that all the weight of the trailer goes to the rear axel when dumping. If the ground is soft you have to be real careful. 1/4 frames are much more stable on soft ground. Not sure if it's still true with todays new dumps...but a frameless could raise higher and thus the load would not get stuck in the nose as easy as a 1/4 frame or frame dump...if you ever watch a frameless raise up you will see that some of them will have the spread pan nearly touch the ground and the front axel will be over the tractors rear rear axle. Have seen a few guys set the back of the trailer flat on the ground...aka "rocket man! "

That last part sounds f@*king scary!

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

It happens when you have a stuck load or you forgot to open the tailgate. You back up,stab the brakes and if you do it to fast it sits down on its end,and pulls the tractors rears off the ground. Hopefully it comes to rest upright. That's the easy part...trying to get it back down without rolling it I don't know...haven't done it yet.

Thanks, the conveyors, pump trucks and stone slingers have really taken off around here in the last twenty years.

Alot of that stuff would have been shoveled in by bobcat years ago but now its just easier to rent truck for a couple

hours and be done with it. They work pretty darn good.

Does the stone flow pretty freely outbthe coal shute or does it jam up a lot?

Yea, it's a shame to see lambrecht closing the doors. I moved 7 pices of equipment for them yesterday and was talking to the laborer and his dad worked there for 35 plus years started as a stake pounder and ended as on of the vp's. there were 5 members of his family that worked for tjl. There trucks were always clean for being a dirt contractor.

yea a know a guy there that worked there since him and i got out of high school.since 1976.yea there stuff was always clean.they are pretty much done ithink when ohara is done so are they.think they are done with arsenal rd.

WOW these are priceless collection the oldies... and these trucks are better then today's latest technology trucks. because they pull more load on them with good power.. anyhow thanks for sharing these photos.. I like all of them, great sharing.

A friend took these pictures of this monster truck for me. He was at Ritchie Bros. in Morris IL and

came across this beast. Although this truck is probably not from around here, it still looks cool.

I am almost sure this truck has been for sale in the Truck/Equipment Trader somewhere in WIS.

It's here now till it finds a new home.

I believe I saw this one hauled off on a low boy Monday. My shop is right down the road from RB Morris

Gonna call this truck a northern IL R-model as it spends its time around the WIS/IL border. This R is owned

by the Delong company and is used to take chemicals out to their field sprayers. They have 3 or 4 R's that

look similar. This one must have had some leakage issues as it looked like their was a tube of caulk spread

around each cab light.

I like their paint scheme,Brian!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

This is a Schrieber Disposal R-model roll-off from Elgin. They also have a Granite and a 450 Ford. Only three trucks,

and this one has been around for as long as I can remember. Still out working everyday.

Seen it the other day also.That truck HAS been around for awhile.But then again,it is a :mack1: !!