Chicago R models

Wow, don't think I've ever seen that truck. Must have been hiding up north all the time.

I think it has been parked for some time. My buddy talked to the guy, he says the cab is newer and the truck has a 6 speed. The motor is a ETCZB1005A. A breakdown of mack v-8's was posted in another thread, it doesn't seem like there are many of those motors made. On a different note, nice catch of the groot truck, that is hard to do while driving! I used to live about a mile from where you took that.

Alot of the old school guys(me included)don't like the front brakes because they way they handle in slick conditions. They used to put front brake limiting valves on trucks,a flipper switch on the dash in most cases,so you could control them.

I didn't know that, thanks!

That Super-Liner was bought new by "Lucky Bob" Amato.He leased it to Terra Cotta until his death in the mid to late '90's.George Koske then bought it, had the cab reskinned (and totally repainted) and motor in-framed by N.I. Mack.He put a bunch of money into it.I don't recall either of those two ever beating the hell out of that truck.Would be a nice one to get ahold of.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 2 weeks later...

scan0011.jpg This early (& brand new at the time) R685ST belonged to Withaeger Cartage of Lake Zurich,Il.Norm Withaeger's fleet expanded during the '60's.But by time the early '70's rolled around,the economy had caused many operations to go under.Unfortunatley,Withaeger Cartage was one of them.One of their former drivers told me he had 10 trucks paid for,and used them as collateral on 10 new ones.Then lost all 20! He had been a house carrier for Meyer Material Co,of Des Plaines,Ill.

I love it.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Here is a before mentioned Christensen RD with a load of barrier wall. Ex Ganna truck possibly?

Carl is a great guy and has a ton of RD's! I always wave when i see a white or red RD with a bug shield and sure enough its them!

• Like 1

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Was at the airport today with a load from the Stork fleet and while I was there I spotted 2 TJ Lambrecht RD's.

One lube truck and one water truck. After they are done with their remaining projects they are going to close

the doors at the end of the year. I sure these trucks will end up at Ritche bros. in the near future as a lot of

their equipment has already made it there.

You always see something interesting at the Airport . -Brad

He'll yea that's her he told me over the cb that he downed it in march and did some more on her and got her a new dress she was red with yellow flames damn nice I'd trade my 05granite for her or my 01rd I had

hey wanna run this by youguys.i drive an 05 granite 6 wheeler dump.took it in for bushings .rubber bushings on torsion bar.all the bushings and springs were shot some of the springs had hair line cracks.for what this truck goes thru i think that was a good life span.just sayin off road more than on .might be the wrong area to talk about this.

attachicon.gifscan0011.jpg This early (& brand new at the time) R685ST belonged to Withaeger Cartage of Lake Zurich,Il.Norm Withaeger's fleet expanded during the '60's.But by time the early '70's rolled around,the economy had caused many operations to go under.Unfortunatley,Withaeger Cartage was one of them.One of their former drivers told me he had 10 trucks paid for,and used them as collateral on 10 new ones.Then lost all 20! He had been a house carrier for Meyer Material Co,of Des Plaines,Ill.

Good lookin' outfit right there,very "Mackly"..............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Caught a couple of Kamp trucks here. Was following The Kamp Specialized 4 axle RD yesterday. I see this truck around

alot but it is usually on the other side of the big road. Also got a pic of one of their Granite's on Archer ave a couple weeks ago.

i really like that rd triaxle tractor

Good lookin' outfit right there,very "Mackly"..............................................Mark

How about it,Mark! The staple of the industry in its standard clothing....ALL BUSINESS :MackLogo:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Hey just saw on the truck paper site that Rossi contractors have 5rd690s&5hilbilt trailers NEVER used for sale no price tho

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=4338347 How on earth does a company afford to buy a truck, keep it and never use it for 17 years, then sell it? If it's for real, that's a pretty sweet find though. I wonder what they're asking?

Jake

2&92 in Milan?

Yep.thats where he told me he was at,Mike.I remember on the way to Walcott I stopped there and there was some old Standard Forwarding daycab FL's parked in a row.I remember those trucks going through Crystal lake when I was a little shaver!

Took a trailer to Bettendorf IA yesterday and on the way back I stopped at a junkyard near Moline to look

for a couple things and while I was in there I snagged a couple pics. Not really Chicago R's but I thought

I would share.

Man, some good parts I could use there. WHY IS ALL THE GOOD STUFF SO FAR AWAY???? Was there any U models?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg