Chicago R models

after runnin a haul truck all day.i got on 80 west bound from 57 and at 355 i ran in a beautiful white and gray superliner with big ole tall twin stacks pullin a entyre ashpalt tanker.it said ashley trucking on the tanker and sleeper (did i mention it had a sleeper) BOTH units where clean and shineyand i think it said pearson trucking on the door didnt see a town name and not that skillful to drive and take apic cause she was a very sharpe truck.alos at 530am today i saw a stark mack and flat bed commin off 90/94 ont 57 south with a big concrete flared end on the trailer and thought damn what time did he leave home.

after runnin a haul truck all day.i got on 80 west bound from 57 and at 355 i ran in a beautiful white and gray superliner with big ole tall twin stacks pullin a entyre ashpalt tanker.it said ashley trucking on the tanker and sleeper (did i mention it had a sleeper) BOTH units where clean and shineyand i think it said pearson trucking on the door didnt see a town name and not that skillful to drive and take apic cause she was a very sharpe truck.alos at 530am today i saw a stark mack and flat bed commin off 90/94 ont 57 south with a big concrete flared end on the trailer and thought damn what time did he leave home.

The early bird gets the worm.

Lmackattack you get to drive the Pete or just that nice rd

Haven't driven the Pete yet. And to be honest I really don't look forward getting into the city with that thing. It looks cool but the little rd you can see out of easy. Plus PJ pulls a 4 axel trailer...just one more reason it sucks getting around in.

Tomorrow Im driving #22

300 with a 6 speed...going back to my roots!

Nice pictures of the Orange Crush Superliner Trent. I saw him yesterday on 55. Got my Orange Crush(Palumbo)

First Gear Lowboy about a month ago. Just need the four axle Granite to go with it now.

Looking good. They pulled out the rd and superliners the last few weeks. Spoke with the driver and he said the international lonestar will be back out soon. Saw the granite yesterday at the same spot.

Haven't driven the Pete yet. And to be honest I really don't look forward getting into the city with that thing. It looks cool but the little rd you can see out of easy. Plus PJ pulls a 4 axel trailer...just one more reason it sucks getting around in.

Tomorrow Im driving #22

300 with a 6 speed...going back to my roots!

You just can't beat a 2 stick 6 with a sweet runnin 300.

Oh yes you can!.................but it'll just start right back up the next morning, and go back to work! :MackLogo:

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

i can tell you this my 379 Pete with a 260inch wb gets around very well, the cut on the steer wheel is awesome, way better than a w900 kw. It is even better than my old ch Mack with the set back axle. I haul pool water and end up on a lot of cul-de-sacs and I spin it rite around. I pull a 34 foot tanker with the tandem ahead a bit.
  • Like 1

Have been in and out of Welch Bros. yard a few times lately and while I was there I got a few pictures of their assortment

of Macks. They have R's, RD's, CH's, CL's, DM's, and Pinnacle's along with a few Fords and one Pete.

That R model with the drivers side fender blown out I like, it has a steel dash.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Is that Hendrickson on the spread rear suspension?

Jim

Yes it is,Jim.Solid mount,too!Those 2 mixers were bought from the company I work for(Meyer Material Co.).We usually don't sell them locally with the barrels still on them.But being that Welch Brothers is a customer and not a competitor,they waived that part of the deal!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Walsh was doing a bridge job here so we called them to see if they needed any trucks i guess we weren't good enough for them to even call back.

Walsh is doing a big section of the 95 expansion in Philly, and apparently they pissed off some of the wrong people because all of their equipment got pushed into the Delaware river and burned.

That section of the job also floods every time it rains, making traffic a NIGHTMARE.

I posted a pic of this truck a couple weeks ago, but only a rear shot. Although a fuzz blurry, I had to snap this one quick but

you get the idea. Here is the front of the Kamp 4 axle RD heading north on RT 47 in Huntley.

I posted a pic of this truck a couple weeks ago, but only a rear shot. Although a fuzz blurry, I had to snap this one quick but

you get the idea. Here is the front of the Kamp 4 axle RD heading north on RT 47 in Huntley.

That RD was a tractor first at Sid Kamp Trucking , then made in to a six wheeler dump that Sid Kamp Sr. drove and when Sid Jr, broke away from his brothers and started Sid Kamp Specialized. He made it into a lowboy tractor.