Chicago R models

I went by Northern Illinios mack today, and I the superliner I asked about earlier was parked out back. If I am not mistaken, this is the ex-Doetsch truck that was the sister to the Alan Smith truck that burned up. There was also a nice looking service truck, I have always really liked r model service truck. The Tanzillo pictures are cool, I hadn't seen the Pete since he got it. It really turned out nicely.

is this superdog for sale.

I got this R at a Northwest ILL ATHS meeting a couple years ago. Don't know the spec's or who owned

it. Nice looking truck though. I remember it was in Wheels of Time for sale and have not seen it since.

BCR Al, do you remember anything else about this truck?

That truck belonged to Enterprise Ready-Mix (Meyer bought them in '88),O'Learys owned it then sold it to Scott Swanson (pictured-who actually started driving the truck when he was 18) He restored it.Took it to a few shows,then sold it to a farmer from Wisconsin.It was a '73 R685ST.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I was at the dump and saw a Herkys R today. Their trucks are pretty plain, but here it is. And I know the G&D truck has been posted before, but I was messing with my phone heading into the dump and managed to get a picture.

post-13746-0-74959900-1366163833_thumb.j

post-13746-0-63734200-1366163930_thumb.j

post-13746-0-06922100-1366164025_thumb.j

• Like 2

that is nice shape,it is very possible not to have front brakes depending on the date it was built,as I recall,anything built after Jan.1,1980 had to have front brakes,anything prior was optional on a 3 axle tractor.

I didn't know that. Was there a reason guys didn't order them with brakes? A weight saving thing?

I didn't know that. Was there a reason guys didn't order them with brakes? A weight saving thing?

Alot of the old school guys(me included)don't like the front brakes because they way they handle in slick conditions. They used to put front brake limiting valves on trucks,a flipper switch on the dash in most cases,so you could control them.