Chicago R models

not that uncommon to buy trucks and never use them. Sears Oil in Rome Ny use to buy B models and Brockways in batches and put sveral away in hangers. the owner thought he would be ahead of the game 5 or 10 years down the road when the price of a new truck went up and he had these all paid for but when they took them out of hibernation the weight laws changed, he ahd to add tag axles to the single axles and no one wanted to drive an underpowered B model or 318 in the late 70's or early 80's when they were obsolete. they had an auction a few years ago and got rid of all the junk(they went out of real business in 1994). rumor has it they have a batch of brand new R models stashed somewhere but they have never surfaced

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

not that uncommon to buy trucks and never use them. Sears Oil in Rome Ny use to buy B models and Brockways in batches and put sveral away in hangers. the owner thought he would be ahead of the game 5 or 10 years down the road when the price of a new truck went up and he had these all paid for but when they took them out of hibernation the weight laws changed, he ahd to add tag axles to the single axles and no one wanted to drive an underpowered B model or 318 in the late 70's or early 80's when they were obsolete. they had an auction a few years ago and got rid of all the junk(they went out of real business in 1994). rumor has it they have a batch of brand new R models stashed somewhere but they have never surfaced

Me and you should go find them.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

That Super-Liner was bought new by "Lucky Bob" Amato.He leased it to Terra Cotta until his death in the mid to late '90's.George Koske then bought it, had the cab reskinned (and totally repainted) and motor in-framed by N.I. Mack.He put a bunch of money into it.I don't recall either of those two ever beating the hell out of that truck.Would be a nice one to get ahold of.

I ran with Bob in the early 80's, and that Super Dog was always clean. I remember it being bright red. I did not know that he passed away. I also remeber he had a nice looking woman riding with him a lot of the time.

Edited by kcmtoys

Just in case anybody's interested, we called about the Rossi RD's. They bought ten, only used five, and have cranked these every month since new. Recently repainted, and they're asking $82,500 per truck and trailer unit. I don't think they're interested in seperating trucks and trailers. It's a little out of my price range, but if I was in the market for a new truck, it would be a no brainer between a manual pump RD or a computer nightmare Volvo cousin for twice the money!

Jake

I saw tanzillo s red rd and two axle lowboy in plainfield today I was going south with stone he was empty going north also saw a sharp lookin 4axle lowboy tractor and 3 axle lowboy all red for an outfit think it's called international trucking I think from Darien nice truck

Hell yea! The new ones won't last 800,000 miles! Ever see diamond redi mix in napervilles r models damn nice or the one toms hauling has.in my opinion Mack messed up when they quit making them guess they like new and broke instead of old and runnin

Caught this blue R-model headed down Archer Ave. Don't know anything about this truck. Almost looks like

an old S.E.T Environmental truck but might just be a similar paint scheme.

Reckon it could be an old Georgia Pacific truck? There's still quite a few of them running around down here in dixie. I don't know about up north.

Jake

Here is a Meade Excavating R-model I saw rolling through Woodstock yesterday. Looks like he just got done

digging a hole for an Olympic size pool at BCR Al's house and was headed back to the yard.

I just saw that machine, it ended up on the east side of gurnee. Meade has some nice macks, keeps them clean.