Chicago R models

Al....where did all the Gana rd Mack's go....last I saw them was at a pit near algonquin or Elgin?....remember them all lined up ready to work or sell...

The last of them ended up at Ritchie Bros last year. There were 15, maybe a few more there. They were set up real nice and didn't have a bunch of miles on them. Christensen out of Hampshire,IL runs only R/RD's and he has quite a few old Ganna trucks. -Brad

I picked this up a couple of weeks ago. 350, 9 spd, air ride. It needs a few little things, the wet lines are kind of rigged up. And the drivers door needs some attention. But I hope to have it on the road soon. The brown paint is pretty hard to look at, but it may have to stay for a bit.

post-13746-0-75766000-1364954359_thumb.j

• Like 1

The tractor Northern Illinios Towing had was the sister truck to the Alan Smith superliner in the "superliner" thread. I was wondering what happened to that truck. Do they still have a superliner wrecker? That thing pulled out an old d-8 I had planted. I always thought that thing was cool!

How about an R-model today. This one belonged to Mr. PJ Tanzillo. He no longer has this truck but replaced it

with a very similar looking RD that was posted earlier.

That truck had a 300L with a 6 speed. It was a 62mph truck untill the pump was tweaked. Last time I drove it it was turning 2200rpm and was good for about 73mph.....75 if you pushed real hard on the floor boards.

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u616/Bstark43/IMG_0001_zps9750e707.jpg

This is the truck my Dad started out with when he went out on his own in 1986. 1979 Mack F-model: 300hp, 5 sp., Camelback. -Brad

I just looked through your photo bucket. You have some really sharp trucks. I have seen some of them around, but never realized how big your fleet is. Nice stuff.

That truck had a 300L with a 6 speed. It was a 62mph truck untill the pump was tweaked. Last time I drove it it was turning 2200rpm and was good for about 73mph.....75 if you pushed real hard on the floor boards.

Was that one of Pats old trucks? Or did P.J. pick it up somewhere else?

I just looked through your photo bucket. You have some really sharp trucks. I have seen some of them around, but never realized how big your fleet is. Nice stuff.

That's the problem with painting them all the same, people don't now if you have 5 or 50. Just started the photobucket as a means of freeing up storage space here, and having all my truck pics separate from the wife's stuff. Thanks, Brad

Was that one of Pats old trucks? Or did P.J. pick it up somewhere else?

if i remember right PJ hauling started with 2 of his dads " Tanzillo" R models just hauling dirt. PJ later bought a late 90s Rd on air ride from a chicago fleet that i think hauled bulk cement? He ran all 3 trucks for a while hauling both dirt and lowboy. He sold off both R models about 3 years ago and focused with just his newly rebuilt RD. his RD just did lowboy work as the dump trucking dried up...Last year he bought a ex central crane 4 axel Pete for even bigger moves. That RD is great for the everyday stuff needed in the city and the Pete moves the real big stuff. We keep talking about building him a 4 axel superliner with a big inline 6 cyl for power..

The Pete is a really sharp truck. I always heard P.J.s RD referred to as the "Million Dollar R Model" because of how much work he put into it. None of the old guys could believe he put so much into that truck. I have always thought his stuff was really nice. I used to work around the corner from Tanzillos yard at Doetsch, so I used to see all their stuff around a lot.

The Pete is a really sharp truck. I always heard P.J.s RD referred to as the "Million Dollar R Model" because of how much work he put into it. None of the old guys could believe he put so much into that truck. I have always thought his stuff was really nice. I used to work around the corner from Tanzillos yard at Doetsch, so I used to see all their stuff around a lot.

any pic of the pete and million dollar mack?

No problem... I should note that the red rd is a glider kit. Its still red and his brother drives it now... Actualy pj and I moved a machine and attachments this past weekend. I drove the red RD and it's a great running truck. I will grab some more pics next time I'm at the yard.