Evel Knievel resto

There was another thread on here that showed the truck in Jerse getting a new cab. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 months later...

Happens to be on Shipping Wars right now...much as I dislike the show

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

How ironic, that truck is goin to Elizabeth Truck Center, guess what used to be there?? The Brockway Factory branch on North Ave in Elizabeth NJ! Those guys do nice work, and any time I've ever gone there to get parts, they would always take me in the shop to show me there latest project

BULLHUSK

How ironic, that truck is goin to Elizabeth Truck Center, guess what used to be there?? The Brockway Factory branch on North Ave in Elizabeth NJ! Those guys do nice work, and any time I've ever gone there to get parts, they would always take me in the shop to show me there latest project

BULLHUSK

Maybe you can give them a visit and post some pics. Shipping Wars? No comment!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

BULLHUSK

hard to fing hospitality like that,nowdays,,,the mower shop i deal with on a steady basis is like that,,,first thing tthru the door,,,the guys all wanna bullshit for a while before we do business excellant,,,remember when everyone was like that...bob
  • Like 1

BULLHUSK

They do some nice work indeed. I've been there in the past for Towing stuff. The only two non Pascar trucks on their site:

m_latest.42_05.jpg

m_latest.42_04.jpg

m_latest.42_11.jpg

m_latest.12_03.jpg

Well if anybody was wondering, I also watched that episode of shipping wars last night too. And everbody involved with that show is a complete and total idiot. None of them have any idea of what they're doing and they get paid huge money to screw things up. And I can't stand how they dramatize everything. Plus did anybody else notice how much it cost for them to bring the wrecker out to load up the F model? Yea, $400. Think about that in real life. If you called that guy and asked him to load up that truck for you for $400 he would probably hang up the phone on you. And that's just one small detail that made me hate the show.

But aside from the stupid show, I do think the truck is pretty neat and I'm interested to see the restoration.

Ben

• Like 1
post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

I watched also. The guy who hauled Evil's truck seems like the only one who has a clue. Am I the only one who wonders how they get away with too many hours behind the wheel, hauling huge loads with "pickup" trucks, etc. If I treated my customers like the hippie, I would probably need a full time dentist. Somebody needs to let the kid with the van know that MacDonalds is hiring. Makes my blood boil!

They do some nice work indeed. I've been there in the past for Towing stuff. The only two non Pascar trucks on their site:

m_latest.42_05.jpg

m_latest.42_04.jpg

m_latest.42_11.jpg

m_latest.12_03.jpg

Is that Dennis Mehan's old truck? I met him at the ATHS show in Auburn in 2005?? Super nice guy. I heard he had an accident and sold the truck recently. Is that true?

Jake

Second time I ever watched it, if it wasn't for Evels Mack I would never suffered through it.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE